corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with spraying mesh

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with spraying mesh
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just purchased some mesh from supernovas for 20 quid the only thing is I dont know what I need to spray it, for 20 quid it must be pretty good stuff, I want to spray it black so obviously I need the black spray also do I need rimer and lacquer or not ? cheers people
Corsa_Project

3rd Apr 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a small tin of Hamerite and a small foam roller to apply it. You will waste less this way. Also you could paint it black but leave unpainted (silver) diamonds or anything else you want. It should look good especially if you have a neon hidden behind the mesh. It should reflect quite well off the brighter unpainter parts.

[Edited on 03-04-2003 by Corsa_Project]
Karnage Corsa

3rd Apr 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammerite never thought of that, will that come up with a good finnish then mate ? the guy in halfords was trying to sell me allsorts but I said I would wait till the mesh came through the post
Corsa_Project

3rd Apr 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you buy the smooth finish instead of the 'hammered' finish it should be the same as with a spray can. One thing you need to be carefull of, is putting too much paint on the roller otherwise it will bubble and you will have big blobs of paint all over your mesh.

[Edited on 03-04-2003 by Corsa_Project]
Karnage Corsa

3rd Apr 03 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate cheers hope to have it all done by the end of next week and new projects to start after that thanks for the help matie
dja

3rd Apr 03 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my old nova gte i bought 304 grade polished stainless steel mesh from a sheet metal place,cut to size for a tenner.Places like supernova just make LOADS of profit,and its not nessassarily good stuff just cause its expensive.
The stainless i used was on for nearly 4 years and still looked brand new.
I got it from K steel suplies in bolton if anybody is interested.
My mate got a really big piece for his wide mouth cav turbo bumper cut to size for £15.
They do 304 grade,polished or matt,and have various different styles of meshing,you can get aluminium mesh a bit cheaper and standard mild steel mesh even cheaper than that.
It make me laugh when people pay £30 for a piece of aluminium mesh worth about a fiver.
Dave
Corsa_Project

3rd Apr 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about going to a steel supplier, but laziness got the better of me and I just went to Halfords!!
Karnage Corsa

3rd Apr 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true I have looked all over this week though and due to finnishing work late I hardly have any time and with my car going in the bodyshop I got desperate so ordered it, at the end of the day its the finnishing touch to the bumper so I dont care and I must point out the service in that place is sh!t hot
Drew
Banned

3rd Apr 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just done my mesh black with hammerite too
Karnage Corsa

3rd Apr 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got n e pics mate ? what does it look like and what product is it I will get the same whats the price too cheers feller

New Poll