corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Brocade Yellow turbo

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brocade Yellow turbo
c20letandy1988

User status: Offline
8th Feb 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i originally bought the car with the intention to keep the C16xe in it and just modify it as i plodded along, i dont really have pictures of when i first got it but this was the earliest pic i had when i just fitted the mhw rear lights and just fitted the avo coilovers..

car still has the standard wheels on the rear and the new wheels that will be going on on the front, suspension is slammed at the back only for temp comedy resaons,

full stainless exhaust system was fitted from front to back including the manifold
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after fitting the exhaust and wheels and the suspension to the height i was after it looked like this...

took it for a testdrive and with the stainless steel manifold being a 4 to 1 there was a couple of kink and bang noises from the manifold too the floor kinda wasnt the best of noise,

also going from a 2.0 to a 1.6 i kinda wasnt impressed with the power output and to get anymore power out of the 1.6 engine would cost silly money so i went searching for more power...

[Edited on 08-02-2011 by c20xeandy1988]
MarkSport

8th Feb 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks amazing in the last pic
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the next step was.....

yup you guessed it! C16xe out you come, no pictures of this, but the engine was removed and the front of the car put up on axle stands and stripped it down,

next up was reinforcing the front end sooo... i got a helping hand from Stu-G

got him onto the welding so that was a days job tidying and welding,

too be continued!
mike56gte

8th Feb 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice colour.
corsamon

8th Feb 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x2 very nice colour! good luck ;-) looking good so far
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after shopping around the usual forums, ebay, asda...

i finally found a engine i set my heart on,

set out on a 2 hour journey each way to pick up the engine, went in a 1.6 8v combo van there,
came back in a 3.6 24v turbo combo van

yup do the math, it is a C20let

got the engine back to mine

also managed to order a intercooler kit from TX Autosport a day or two before i picked the engine up and this arrived shortly after i picked the engine up.

whilst i was waiting for ordered bits to arrive so i could start fitting the engine into place, i decided to trial fit and mount up the intercooler so was something less to worry about onve engine was fitted,

i also gave my bonnet a quick paint as it was a bit rusty on the front aswell.

c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next up decided to tidy the engine up paint some bits and give some bits a clean ready for the engine to go straight in, the engine had already been fully rebuilt and cleaned up so was fairly tidy to start off,

taking parts off the get to bits to paint,
[imghttp://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1177.snc4/154955_471408627016_580242016_5772009_6802126_n.jpg[/img]

i then decided to paint the rocker cover and cam pully cover,

while rocker cover was off i decided to do the breather modification to it...

and while the cam pully cover was off i checked the timing belt and timing for peace of mind,

A BIG help again from Stu-G popped up and lent me his engine stand so no more working sitting on the floor... about bloody time

covers painted and also picked up and 3 in top hat to go with my intercooler kit as a lad around the corner from me had bits for sale

and now i have a engine stand and the engine was not on the floor anymore i decided to remove the sump as wanted to check out the sump baffle assembly that had been fitted from previous owner,

c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next stage was to choose gearbox, was undecided at first whether to run a f20 or f28, finally after the humming and haring i decided to go for a f28, also the fact that there was one around the corner from mine for sale for a reasonable price i decided to pick that one up,

now i needed a potted flywheel and clutch to mount it to the engine, again Stu-G helped me out with this as he had both left from the stuff that he didnt get robbed,

also picked a dumpvalve off the same guy that sold me the gearbox so fitted this aswell,

flywheel clutch and gearbox mounted onto the engine, getting excited now as it is getting close to being fitted, still waiting for parts to arrive tho so i can mount it up

c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next up decided to sort the brakes, i decided to go for a rear disc beam, so sourced one of these and v6 front brakes, also decided to polly bush the rear and the front to stiffin things up a little bit more,

brakes and rear beam were cleaned down and repainted black,

cleaned down,

Painted

then once paint was dry set about fitting them,

c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts finally arrived that i was waiting for, so set about fitting the small part...

didnt really get much pictures of this but part fitted

[img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180994_10150101061902017_580242016_6455434_7839527_n.jpg[img]

i used the type 2 conversion mount kit and the f28 gearbox mount,

next fitted the lower arm tie spacers as the arms were in the way of the gearbox to seat proper,

also forgot to mention that i sourced a set of 2.0 shafts and hubs, hubs were fitted with the brakes

fitted the 2wd conversion plate to the f28 gearbox and then mounted up the drive shafts

and then straight onto fitting the gearlinkge, purchased this from lmf, so i could get 6th with this linkage i needed to cut a bar down on the rubber mount and re-weld at the exact angle which aint exactally easy,

i mounted this up onto the gearbox and then got Stu-g and his numble fingers to get on his arse under the car and set the gears up ( all gears now select spot on and chuffed )
flybikeslee

8th Feb 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another day,

sorted the intercooler into place also fitted a new smaller airfilter and tidyed up the wiring, mounted the wiring loom and ecu behind the drivers footwell kick panel so this now looks tidy and standard,

next up dragged Stu-G out again into the icy cold weather to sort my guages out as i useless with wiring,

boost guage, oil temp, oil pressure and air/fuel ratio are being fitted... heres stu's handy work...

firstly he stripped down the drivers side heater vent,

then stripped down the centre console ready to get to the wires and solder the wires up,

guages mounted up and wired in,

boost guage just needs the vacume pipe connecting up,

oil temp and pressure mounted into the heater vents,

then mounted all centre console back together again,

air/fuel mounted up and all back together,
marklawton

8th Feb 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome as usual andy, gone all out on this one, is it still at are seans work getting the exhuast made?
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it is mate still waiting to hear back from peco i think about that 3" centre box
bracey123

8th Feb 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

minted!!! will be keeping an eye on this badboy haha keep up the good work
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update,
mounted up radiator into place, the rad is a TX Autosprt alloy rad, mounted it into place and plummed it up as much as i could, there is a couple of pipes that needed ordering to finish this off, might order another specific red pipe at same time to make things look a little better

decided to tidy up the wiring in the engine and fit my depos and 10k HID kit with Stu-G, i think we managed to get the wiring quite tidy and impressed!

c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wooo hoses arrived so will set about fitting them and filling her up with coolent

coolent hoses for the heater matrix from roose motorsport

and the extra pipe i ordered to make things look so much better, no more blue

also my parts arrived in lookers, as was awaiting for bleed nipples for the rear brakes so they were fitted and brakes were bled through all round, and also this part was now fitting ready for the seats at a later date

and lastly for now replaced my yellow injectors with z20let injectors, no pics of new ones fitted tho sorry,

Mark Prydderch

8th Feb 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress.. What you doing with the blue AFM pipe?
c20letandy1988

8th Feb 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to sort the problem we had with the oil temp and pressure guages, had a sandwich plate that wouldnt fit as the oil feed pipes too the turbo were in the way so couldnt get it into place, and the oil pressure switch wouldnt fit in place on its own either, so managed to get hold of a re-location pipe that will mount the oil pressure and temp sensors,

so thats been fitted and they now relocated

that is all for now...
pagey

8th Feb 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u
Stu-G

8th Feb 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wooo my hard work
joe holvey sxi

9th Feb 11 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu-G
Wooo my hard work

just seen a pic and i know who u are u got the brocade yellow c20xe n know nova tom right lol.
c20letandy1988

18th Mar 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sold the vectra rims and they paid for my new softstar rims so just a case of swapping tyres over were i got a hand of stu-g in kwikfit

[Edited on 18-03-2011 by c20letandy1988]
c20letandy1988

18th Mar 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my new actuator turned up from tx autosport and new vacuum hose and mounted manual boost controller so more excessable to adjust etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Brocade Yellow turbo 23 database queries in 0.0240650 seconds