corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD Display in new corsa, with aftermarket HU

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MFD Display in new corsa, with aftermarket HU
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 03 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a brand new corsa, and i'm changing the crap Double Din stereo for a new Stereo, i've also bought the silver adaptor plate, as my car is a Sxi, and the whole centre console is silver.

When i connect up the new head unit, and swith the HU on, will i loose the date on my MFD display? And if i will, is there any way of getting to stay on all the time, e.g. by cutting wires.

Thanks for your help.

David
glasgow_corsa_c

3rd Apr 03 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
I've got a brand new corsa, and i'm changing the crap Double Din stereo for a new Stereo, i've also bought the silver adaptor plate, as my car is a Sxi, and the whole centre console is silver.

When i connect up the new head unit, and swith the HU on, will i loose the date on my MFD display? And if i will, is there any way of getting to stay on all the time, e.g. by cutting wires.

i changed mine to a sony item and i still get the clock and temperature in radio / cd changer mode, but in minidisc mode, the date also comes up. hope this helps
Thanks for your help.

David
djwoody

3rd Apr 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd like to know this too mate, I've heard you can also get devices that let you put your own message on the MFD
Mikorsa16v

3rd Apr 03 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the corsa B its a grey wire with a red stripe, i was gonna do it but i really couldnt find it let alone try and cut it cs the vauxhall looms are sooo short for everything! i didnt bother, mite be a different colour on a C tho
glasgow_corsa_c

3rd Apr 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djwoody
i'd like to know this too mate, I've heard you can also get devices that let you put your own message on the MFD

whcih devies are these ??? and does anyone onhere have one or know where i can et one? cos that would be cool havin utr own message appear on ur mfd.!
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound like a wicked idea. might try adapting one for corsa b if anybody knows where to get hold of them?
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard aboutt his too when I first joined CS there was a picture of one, but no idea how or where the pic went to. Obviously a clever sparky had a go.

My Sony HU has the date with CD's playing but radio gets rid of it. I know you can cut the right wire but it doesn't bother me.
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think im gunna have a go at making a little module for controling the MFD my self, have my own little message up there. ill keep ya up to date, and might be able to knock some off for you if i get it working
Mav 3000

3rd Apr 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add me to that list mate! "CORSA" will do fine but I bet a good controller would be able to do all sorts of wicked stuff.
DJ_Voodoo

3rd Apr 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking a scrolling corsa, and maybe a little ad for my site would look good "Corsa - Corsa-Wales.co.uk"
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Apr 03 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds wicked.

New Poll