corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa camber adjustment bolts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa camber adjustment bolts?
mike56gte

User status: Offline
1st Feb 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really needing to set the camber on my corsa as its pretty bad.

who has used these? on any car really.

how easy are they to adjust and get them right on both sides? i assume you use the lug on the head of the bolt as a reference point.

£20.50 from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eibach-Front-Camber-Bolts-Vauxhall-Corsa-B-93-99-/290503913524?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a361f034
Scotty C

1st Feb 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have them. Will need to be lazor alined for correct adjustment though...
mike56gte

1st Feb 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C
I have them. Will need to be lazor alined for correct adjustment though...

it will be getting lazor aligned as the tracking is needing set.
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell mate, save yourself £20 and just get an M10 with a spreader washer on it. That's all that is, a smaller bolt to replace the top strut>hub bolt
AlexW

1st Feb 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^That isnt what it is.

I have them, Easy enough to setup once you have the hang of it. Been fine for nearly a year now
mike56gte

1st Feb 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
^That isnt what it is.

I have them, Easy enough to setup once you have the hang of it. Been fine for nearly a year now

cheers. i will set them as close as i can and then get it lasor aligned when i get my tyres put on.
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
^That isnt what it is.

I'm going by what the picture in the ad said, how are they different from smaller diameter bolts?
mike56gte

1st Feb 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
^That isnt what it is.

I'm going by what the picture in the ad said, how are they different from smaller diameter bolts?

tbh i just want to know i have the right thing holding my suspension together, wouldnt want to come up with my own thing for it to be unsafe for the sake of £20.
AlexW

1st Feb 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
^That isnt what it is.

They have a lobe on them like a cam, so that pushes on the hub, and then has a washer with a lug on it to lock it in the shock. Bit hard to explain, But I haven't got a pic to show ya.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also they will be the correct tensile for the application.

fuck just sticking any old m10 in a load bearing parts like that, will end up snapping
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine the kind of thing you mean mate, fair enough. Just thought they were charging you £20 for a couple of M10x50s or something!
AlexW

1st Feb 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, Could move aswell, These haven't and I haven't managed to avoid every pothole.

Edit: Yeah, Its fair enough. Mike, when you get some fire up some pics for future reference.

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by AW06]
mike56gte

1st Feb 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

fuck just sticking any old m10 in a load bearing parts like that, will end up snapping

yup that is my very thoughts
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

No it wouldn't. Obviously they're M12s for a reason but on stuff like this it's all about factor of safety so they'll be bigger than they physically need to be.

an M10 eye bolt can safely lift 250kg. From a purely theoretical point of view you could definetely replace one of those with an M10 quite safely. Look in that ebay ad, it says it's a 'smaller bolt than standard'. What would be smaller than M12 but bigger than M10 that would make that much of a difference?

You and your buddy ojc love to talk utter pish sometimes. I'd like to see you try to snap an M10 meaning to do it, then you'd see.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im talking about tensile strengths not size.

250kgs on a direct lift is nothing when the pressure it is having to deal with is on a 1000+kgs car, not to mention angles can multiply that pressure and force again.

load bearing bolts, like these and bush bolts etc and normally a higher tensile strength then other bolts, for obvious reasons

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a chart

http://www.k-tbolt.com/bolt_chart.html

notice how grade 8s have the multiple splines in the heads, most bolts that are bolted to suspension, stub axles etc are bolts of this nature and bear these markings

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Steve]
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you meant something different there.

You say that it needs to 'deal with a 1000kg car' but remember there are four corners - so that would equate to...? I know where you're coming from and I'd use the correct size of bolts wherever possible. But it doesn't change the fact that you could change that M12 to an M10 perfectly safely.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa camber adjustment bolts? 22 database queries in 0.0138879 seconds