corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Slight problem...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slight problem...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
1st Feb 11 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you may know, I'm currently in the process of 'trying' to build a race car for racing this year... unfortunately for many reasons (mainly to do with the Irish) I've been delayed a lot and am now seriously short on time.

Having invested a lot of money into the car / parts / etc, I'm now looking at a test day in 2 weeks and a car which has a LOT left to do... So, me and my mate whom I'm racing with decided that every day we were going to spend on the car and so every day, we're out there sanding things, banging metal, cutting things, fitting things etc...

The only problem is... My neighbours have all finally snapped

(I don't think it helped that hbutler from here drove the clio he bought from me into a ditch at the end of the drive, making all the neighbours have a nose at what we were up to with this race car)

- I rarely bother wearing a watch these days and had no idea what time it was, but the neighbours came round in their dressing gowns and asked me wtf we were doing and why we're doing it...
I tried to apologise but they went a bit loopy. To be fair, they had a point, it was gone 10 : 30 pm and we were banging the suspension pretty loudly.

The only problem is now, if we do ANYTHING on the car now that makes noise they're going to go mental and probably put an ASBO on us or something... half the neighbours are working and getting up early and half are old nosy bastards who are around in the day to complain.
- While they were over the other day nosing about they were complaining about how loud my exhaust on my s2000 is (I put the standard one back on about 2 weeks ago, so they clearly don't pay that much attention).

This leaves me with quite a problem... how the hell am I going to get this car finished?

- Not to mention, we can't drive it anywhere else as my mate took the entire loom out / apart and it doesn't even have seat / steering wheels / dash / suspension / radiator / etc at the moment.

* Oh and finally, we jacked the car up higher, and the garage door can't shut now due to the height of the bootlid FUCK.

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Paul_J]
Ben G

1st Feb 11 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

work on it during the day 'til around 6pm. thats perfectly fine.

just tell the nosey twats to mind their own business
Twitch

1st Feb 11 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as its being done between 9am to 8am fuck em tbh. your land your garage you can do what you want and its not violating any sound laws between them times
Paul_J

1st Feb 11 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
as long as its being done between 9am to 8am fuck em tbh. your land your garage you can do what you want and its not violating any sound laws between them times

Do these laws exist?
Paul_J

1st Feb 11 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
work on it during the day 'til around 6pm. thats perfectly fine.

just tell the nosey twats to mind their own business

I don't get back from work till about 6:45pm.

Too busy to have a lot of holiday off.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 11 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't imagine a few hours a night is unreasonable. Do your banging early and don't not notice the time.
GF-91
Banned

1st Feb 11 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy them all earplugs and assure them it won't be forever.
mike56gte

1st Feb 11 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put the engine in my in my corsa on my drive from midday saturday till 7am sunday morning nobody complained tho.lol

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by mike56gte]
Brett
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian's right, but it's still fucking annoying having neighbours like you.
Twitch

1st Feb 11 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Twitch

Do these laws exist?

yep lol after 11pm your not ment to go over a certain amount of decibels at home/in the car etc. clubs and pubs are also under these laws but they cant get a licence to extend it etc
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 04:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbour came out guns blazing at 3 o clock one afternoon because i was having a 3 way with a GSI shell and a grinder.

I pretty much told her to go take a fuck to hersel, next thing i knew i had letter from the council and an inspection.
Paul_J

1st Feb 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
I pretty much told her to go take a fuck to hersel, next thing i knew i had letter from the council and an inspection.

What did the letter say? Inspection for what?
taylorboosh

1st Feb 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id just fucking crack on... They have to prove your being unreasonably loud
Jamie-C

1st Feb 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck them!
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if there are kids in the street making a racket at half ten's a bit cuntish. Far enough if you didn't notice the time and can hold you hands up to it but as has been said, just keep doing what you need to do until a reasonable hour and they've not got much comeback.
Archie
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just that there had been a complaint about noise whilst working on 'several' cars at my address.

Woman came out, had a look about, asked me what time i was out stripping the car at i told her it was about 2 in the afternoon, my mum also backed me up on it, and she said thats fine, i dont see any problem here and that was the end of it.

The old bag had put on her letter it was 10 at night, and that anyone who was round would stand and stare in her windows, just basically a load of greetin pish.
Ojc

1st Feb 11 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My reality is brighter than your dreams are.
alan-g-w

1st Feb 11 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got 5 cars just now between us all in the house and need to park them out in the street. It's a T-shaped culdi sac with a short entry road splitting off to either side. We need to park the cars on this entry road so it goes down to one side left to drive on, doing nothing illegal in that though. Also, considering a car arrives/ leaves about once an hour means there's not too much of a problem with it.

My dad went out one day to find that the cars had notes under the wipers (my sister's and his car). He had actually been feeling a bit bad about parking the cars there so seeing these notes didn't exactly make him feel great - but reading these notes made him change his mind. Some person had hand written both the notes exactly the same saying something along the lines of 'there was a near miss because of where your cars are parked. Please move them elsewhere'. The bastards hadn't even bothered to sign the bottom, plus to be having a near miss in a street I go at less than 10mph in indicates a bit of shitey driving. I would have loved to have a chat to them about where else they thought we should park. Maybe on top of my shed or in the garden. But my dad simply tore the notes up and made a point of throwing them in the middle of the road so the cowardly pricks would see.

I've not got that much of a problem with neighbours and my car sits for weeks at a time without a back axle in the middle of the street pretty sure they all silently hate me though.

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by alan-g-w]
Archie
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in a cul de sac as well Alan.

Woman through the wall from me is a nosey curtain peeking staring bastard, boils my piss.
Then her dad must be in his 70's HAS to park his car so he can get out directly at their front gate, even if it means he has wedged my mums/my girlfriends car inbetween the next car,.

One of them parked with the arse across my drive when i had the XE, i made it out but had to take a few cuts and go out an awful angle so i made them fully aware of this by being very indiscreet about it, it would be a completely different story if me/one of my mates had parked slightly over there driveway, probably wouldnt have been able to get the car locked and they'd be out.
sc0ott

1st Feb 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are your neighbours and would you classify your area as up market type houses?
Paul_J

1st Feb 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think half the problem is that my parents have only recently moved there (about 6 months) and then I moved back in about 3 months ago

So they had their nice little quiet area, then my dad moved in with his loud motorbikes etc... and now I've moved in smashing the hell out of cars.
Chris x

1st Feb 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a letter from the council due to splitting a few Land Rovers on my driveway, doing a bit of welding, angle grinding e.t.c. They wanted to inspect the house to see if we need any planning permision.

As soon as I said it was a hobby they wernt intrested. Didnt even come round!
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck um imo
taylorboosh

1st Feb 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol i got a complaint from tge nieghbours because 5 asain teens from birmingham came and bought the civic. Wtf how can i help who buys it
Ben G

1st Feb 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people are proper do gooder cunts.

i'd love it if someone was doing a bit on cars down my way, i'd even offer to help as i'm bored most nights

fair enough late night after 8pm it's probably out of order but during the evening i'd have no problems.

i was out last month smashing the shit out of ice with a spade, making that ''clanging'' noise at 5:30am and no one said anything.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Slight problem... 22 database queries in 0.2035651 seconds