corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vectra C SRi 2.2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra C SRi 2.2
Partyvan
Banned

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately I now have to endure a Vectra C as a daily driver. For those of you who haven't driven one, they are bad.

I picked it up standard, a 2004 SRi with 64k on the clock. I've since treated it to some refurbished 19" snowflakes, a debadged grille and coilovers. Here it is now

Here are the wheels that went on (to replace the factory 17s)

It's got a few small issues that need sorting, or have been sorted. First off is the common heater blower problem. The heater blower resistor pack can fail on these randomly (or through water ingress) and leave you with blowers working only on setting 4.

Here's the lazy fix

Alternatively you can just solder a new 10p resistor on from Maplins. This all plugs in under the motor (accessed from behind the glovebox). I did mine the other day.

I gave it a mini service too...

Pollen filter (old one was RANK)
Air filter
Oil (GM semi synthetic)
Oil filter

Check it out, it's a cartridge thing that just unscrews 8-)

Next, the paint was a few different shades of red. So out came the G3 compound today. I started on the roof

Boot...

Here you can see the difference between front wing (done) and doors/bonnet (not done). I put some Mer polish on top which gave it a better shine. I'll wax it when I get the chance.

I'll do the rest on the next dry day.

Finally there is a crease in one of the doors, I'm just gonna replace it rather than f*ck about with dent pullers or filler.

Handling wise, I found the standard car to be quite wallowy, so bought coilovers to try and correct this.

They are easy enough to fit, being split struts on the front as per most newer Vauxhalls. Now the ride is a little harsh, but probably the lesser of two evils.

My only other main gripe is the dualmass flywheel. This means you do not feel any engine power or pull whatsoever. It's all muted. If i get an excuse to whip the enigne or box out, I'll look into a flywheel deletion kit.

On the plus side it's very roomy inside, does good MPG and feels fairly stiff.

That's all for now
Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks cool. Did you G3 that by hand? Will it not take ages to do the whole car like that?
Partyvan
Banned

2nd Jan 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Looks cool. Did you G3 that by hand? Will it not take ages to do the whole car like that?

I have a buffer but it only takes 5 mins per panel by hand. G3 is as easier to take off than super resin polish
Jon_C
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Thought it was really heavy going and takes ages. I have a seriously faded red Golf that i wanna tackle but not sure what products to use
derick-sport

2nd Jan 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the look of these! want one after my corsa only driven a 1.8
Partyvan
Banned

2nd Jan 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Really? Thought it was really heavy going and takes ages. I have a seriously faded red Golf that i wanna tackle but not sure what products to use

Get a bodyshop to mop it for £50, or have a go yourself with some G3. Just do it panel by panel, take your time.

quote:
Originally posted by derick-sport
love the look of these! want one after my corsa only driven a 1.8

Do yourself a favour and test drive an Astra Mk4 as well :thumbs
Gareth T

3rd Jan 11 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like these, seem cheap to buy and look good with a few mods.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vectra C SRi 2.2 23 database queries in 0.0115139 seconds