corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Version II
stu_c

User status: Offline
9th Apr 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Good luck today!

Phillips_91

9th Apr 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Good luck today!

XE Col
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at this related vid, probs been posted somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCTpsNBIQiY&NR=1
Jamie-C

9th Apr 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still in one piece?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still in one piece when it went on the wagon to leave the circuit! It had a couple of bodges today including an engine fan run off the main beam but when I had my passenger laps, it was awesome
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just caught up from like page 7 No messing about been going on the last couple of months

Presumably someone got pics from the track sessions today

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
pow
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking at the fan on the main beam
Jamie-C

9th Apr 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, glad all went well, the Corsa I bought with the XE had the fan mounted on the main beam too
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went well.

Still needs tracking and a few of the bodges revisiting but I think we did rather well there
Ste
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did I miss?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 11 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great weather, more cars and people than usual and the offer of a mag feature for Mike with his rags to riches story of fame, fortune and fog light switches.
Ste
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's the pics, vids sketches?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get weekend racer fireworks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRLywO0PoE

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
the offer of a mag feature for Mike with his rags to riches story of fame, fortune and fog light switches.

All things considered, it went very well, I'm more than willing to call it a success

Things unfortunately didn't get off to the best of starts with my first session being cut short by a black flag due to the smoke screen that it was putting out every time I exited the first chicane so after 3 laps they flagged me and told me to fix it before it went out again. Whilst I was driving back to the stand another issue became apparent, the cooling fan wasn't kicking in so after a bit of a deflated feeling, investigations started which revealed that the oil had been overfilled (my fault) and there seemed to be issues with the supply to the fan switch so Tony (fast_as_you_can) set about draining some of the oil out and then went on to wire the fan into my main beam so at least it could be used if needed.

After that I went out for my second session which showed the smoke issue had been solved and gave me a bit of chance to start getting used to the car. Unfortunately we hadn't had time to sort the tracking and re-bleed the brakes which meant the steering was twitchy but manageable and the brake pedal had a lot of travel but once the travel had been taken up, they stopped me fairly well so again, manageable just needed getting used too. I also got a lap timed at 1:34 on that session which I was quite disappointed at considering last time at Combe, I managed a 1:36.5 in GTE so that prompted a move towards less faggotry for my third session when I took Tom out. On this session I started to feel I was starting to get back into my old rhythm, bearing in mind this was my first return to track after the crash,I think there was some confidence to rebuild.

Once I'd done the third session, the bug had well and truly set back in and I couldn't help but go and buy another session. Unfortunately it was the last session of the day which meant some people had decided that rules don't really matter anymore because they're going home shortly anyway so some ropey driving was witnessed but I still managed to get some clean laps in and applied the less faggotry rule a little more, so much so I managed to out brake myself into the second chicane on one lap and ended up having to take the emergency lane

The day's confirmed my priorities of re-bleeding the brakes, getting tracking done and investing in semi slicks as the Eagle F1s just aren't upto proper track use, other than that, I'm happy with it and we'll just see what happens in the future as and when I get bored and feel the need to upgrade ;thumbs:

[Edited on 10-04-2011 by Mike B]
GregGsi
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well in pal

BHP vaux
RCoughtrie

10th Apr 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent mike, defo a success ! you look back on days like that with stories to tell and have obviously used the day well to find out bugs and tweeks its all good moving it forward.
antnee

10th Apr 11 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done lads, I suppose a day like the action day is a good shake down test, as you aren't missing track time while your sorting little issues
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it definitely worked well with the 9am session then the next one only being at 11:45 so we had the issues sorted just in time then went out to test it.

There was apparently mention of Donington yesterday too for a trackday so I'll concentrate on getting my tracking, brakes and tyres sorted without too much delay and hopefully the Corsa will be out again fairly soon on another new circuit
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work ladies
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you appreciate our efforts
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feel like ive been on the journey too, listening to you struggle on the phone
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be glad you didn't phone up last Sunday, I was so stressed with it, I'd have been pulling my hair out if I had any

Still can't believe it made it in the correct colour.
Graham88

10th Apr 11 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome stuff, good to hear the day went ok. I'd definetly get some proper track rubber on if it's only really going to be a track car, must be cheap for those small wheels?
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 11 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its on 16s currently although I think the plan is to go to 15s for that reason.
Mike
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap isn't a word I'd use when talking about track tyres

I'd already bought a set of C SXi wheels to be track wheels for my old Corsa because I was regularly finding myself beyond the limits of the F1s but after crashing it and the money I thought I was having to put into the new shell, towing license etc. I decided to stick with the F1s for Combe. Even in 195/50 15s, r888s were a good chunk over £100 a corner last time I checked and then A048s were even more but hopefully by the time it's going on its next outing I'll have the SXis powdercoated with some form of semi slick on them. I'll have to have another look and see what prices are now

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II 24 database queries in 0.0223970 seconds