corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » January transfer window 2011 thread

New Poll
  <<  65    66    67    68    69    70  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author January transfer window 2011 thread
mwg

User status: Offline
13th Feb 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will be silly money
Ben D

13th Feb 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see us getting either Bale, Modric or Van Der Vaart in the summer as i can't see any of them wanting to stay at spurs once they fail to make the champions league again, especially as they seem to have a stupi amount of Midfielders at the moment.

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by Ben D]
Marc

13th Feb 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van der Vaart? Really?
Ben D

13th Feb 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you see him staying at spurs if they don't make it into the Champions league?
Cavey

13th Feb 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be amazed if Bale leaves spurs, and as said above, he'll be ridiculous money.

They won't have to finish top 4 when they win the champs league

Also, he said he made a move for this player in the January window, don't think he would of gone for any spurs players then

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by Cavey]
Marc

13th Feb 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Can you see him staying at spurs if they don't make it into the Champions league?

No, but I wouldn't have linked him with us.
Ben D

13th Feb 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see why not, our midfield isn't great at the minute and is in the most need of strengthening, he wont find many teams of our stature with a place for him in their team.

I keep hearing rumours about Carrick leaving, we need to find a successor to Scholes & Giggs too, plus we need to clear our some of the crap like Gibson & Obertan, and the only decent player we have coming through right now is Cleverley
Jake

13th Feb 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I see us getting either Bale, Modric or Van Der Vaart in the summer as i can't see any of them wanting to stay at spurs once they fail to make the champions league again, especially as they seem to have a stupi amount of Midfielders at the moment.

spurs have a stupid amount of midfielders so the best thing for them to do is sell the better ones out of the lot
Marc

13th Feb 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'd probably do his job, I just don't see him in a United shirt.

Good to see Anderson and Nani looking good at the moment. 4 year return on our 34m isn't bad.
Ben D

They wont want to stay once you fail to make the Champions League Jake.
Jake

we'll see about that
Marc

13th Feb 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still can't believe you fucked Keane off
Jake

13th Feb 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keane didnt work with redknapps tactics. he done well under martin jol but that was a different style of play
mwg

13th Feb 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spurs have a good chance of getting 4th place.
strick206

13th Feb 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Judging by the papers I'm guessing Bale.

Won't be bale, he said he made an approach in January can you imagine 'Arry keeping his big mouth shut?

Would love to sign bale and van der vaart, fucking stupid missing out on van der vaart for so little money

I get the feeling the player he made an approach for was a goalkeeper, and the club he plays for atm won't deal until the summer. Either Neuer at Schalke or Steklenberg wherever he plays. Hopefully Neuer though
strick206

13th Feb 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Looking at the league atm if chelski and spurs win their games in hand over city, they will be 3rd and 4th in the league, city 5th. would love that at the end of the year

Unfortunately that means chelski beating us Although i think chelski will beat us at the bridge, fucking darlington have a chance against us when we are away from home
mwg

13th Feb 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping its not a goalkeeper as its obvious we need a new one anyway. Plus we wouldn't of bought in Jan if VDS is still playing? Or would we?

So I'm hoping this is someone he is interested in on top of getting a goalkeeper too. Goal scoring left footed midfielder would be good... I just cant see us spending the kind of money that Spurs would want for Bale though.
mwg

13th Feb 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Looking at the league atm if chelski and spurs win their games in hand over city, they will be 3rd and 4th in the league, city 5th. would love that at the end of the year

Unfortunately that means chelski beating us Although i think chelski will beat us at the bridge, fucking darlington have a chance against us when we are away from home

we can probably afford to lose one more game, not that I want us too The only player I am bothered about at Chelsea and think could make the difference against us is Torres. He loves playing against Vidic
Ben D

13th Feb 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can only see it being a midfielder which fergie has been after, our back 4 is pretty much the best about in my opinion and we have more than enough cover, wont be a keeper as MWG said, I think Owen will go in the summer and i think Welbeck will come back and start staking a a claim for a place in the team as he has looked decent at Sunerland this season, Macheda will either spend next season on loan or get sold on too.

Which just leaves the midfield which i think will undergo an overhaul, an it needs it to be fair.
strick206

13th Feb 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm hoping its not a goalkeeper as its obvious we need a new one anyway. Plus we wouldn't of bought in Jan if VDS is still playing? Or would we?

It's better to get one in now and let him have 6 months to settle, find somewhere to live, get used to united and know the players etc

I really hope it is bale, but i just dont think it is

When Valencia is back he will be right mid and nani on the left, that's all the width we need so i just cant see him buying Bale.

IMO it could even be a LB, Evra not having signed a new contract by now is suspicious, and his defending this year has been suspect imo.

I'm covering quite a few positions now but imo if it isn't a goalkeeper it will be a CM
strick206

13th Feb 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Which just leaves the midfield which i think will undergo an overhaul, an it needs it to be fair.

I agree that it will be a midfielder, but i don't think the midfield is that far away

Nani left, valencia right, anderson (once he puts the fucker on a diet) in the centre, and one more CM to partner anderson

Ben D

13th Feb 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt we will be signing a left back when we have Fabio unable to get in the team, especially when he is regarded as the better of the Da Silva twins.
Marc

13th Feb 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Owen gets injured but I think it has been a complete waste him being here this season. Might as well have gone in January. We could have used him loads more than we have.

Wonder if we can get a few hundered k for him?
strick206

13th Feb 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Doubt we will be signing a left back when we have Fabio unable to get in the team, especially when he is regarded as the better of the Da Silva twins.

Fabio is a million miles behind Rafael at the minute, when they first came Fabio was the better of the two.

But just looking at them both now Rafael is much bigger and much stronger, he also has learned a lot more because of the amount of games he has played.

Fabio imo needs to go out on loan for a season because he badly needs games, he shows glimpses of brilliance but his defending is still as poor as when he came here and by getting one game a month is never going to help
Ben D

13th Feb 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did think at some point Houllier might sign him, as Villa had a bit of a striker shortage.

In fairness he has been a good backup, and you couldn't ask for a better 4th striker really

EDIT - FABIO, I don't think it will take much for him to catch up to Rafael, and yes there is a noticeable difference in physique when you see them together, but i have seen a few players at united bulk up quite quickly recently, Welbeck/Nani/Rafael etc

<<  65    66    67    68    69    70  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » January transfer window 2011 thread 23 database queries in 0.0318658 seconds