corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » its another misty eyed thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author its another misty eyed thread
MarkSport

User status: Offline
21st Dec 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/my_favourite_corsas/

Brad's That brings back so many memorys from previous pvs shows

MarkSport

21st Dec 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW

4 buckets was Kenni's (i think)

That's the one

I remember him selling it to a kid in nuneaton about 10 miles from me. he bought it down the local mcdonalds and I was loving it

How times change

[Edited on 21-12-2010 by MarkSport]
Daimo B

21st Dec 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaron, then D5 would look like D4 used to Kit will stay, front end might get yet another makeover (checkout differences on p1 of this post, quite a few, same bumper).

Wheels were the 1st in the country via Redline directly from Mille Miglia. They are as new condition, so probably lasted the longest out there too.

Needs some bits doing to D5, other priorities atm, but it will be back on the road, eventually.

I've got more pics of other corsas, u'll have to go through the galleries though throughout the years.

Claire Richardsons was the best developed imo. It started off as a Halfords drive through, utterly awful, but it progressed to be a great car. Shame Claire had personnal issues and it got stripped.

Chumbly Warmers, think he had glitter paint? Removed the dash dials? Fantastic leather quality.

Fears was a very well rounded car.

Sorry but a few listed, as said, were utterly shocking. Fantastic in photos, awful in real life. Just the quality level. All cars had downfalls, D5 has lots, but more minor ones that can easily be sorted.

She has Reyland 4 pots to go on (got them when they first came out, thats how long its been off the road now!!!!). My purple hoses will be going on, some turbo heat wrap, bit of welding underneath (front chassis leg). Chrome cam cover will prob go too. Lots of small bits that add up. Reckon we've got over a grand to go in it, but after that amount, it would be rude not to. Donna will never get rid of it, she built it to keep.

I got videos of D5nna on youtube. Search for user D4mob. One of Donnas videos has over 150,000 views so far
Jambo

21st Dec 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front and rear airdams with steiny skirts.
Keep the colour polish some speedlines And bobs your unclel
Daimo B

21st Dec 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would agree about front end and skirts, but im biased. But its Donnas car and her choice. Skirts are actually off Jamies Renault 5 before he changed it again. As are the subwoofers (ones he put in were terrible, so we swapped them over in his garage).

Kit will stay, but we do like that Audi style front bumper that came out for the Corsa B. German make I think, Mattig possibly? Unsure, will look into it when the times right.

I'd liek to see new wheels, but these are still like brand new.

tbh, new wheels, bumper, and its good for another feature. It had loads done since the TV feature in 2002 Think TV would want it back 8 years later (or Redline, but from what I can see, none of the "old crew" work there anymore apart from Dav who seems to have worked his way up to editor).
andys sxi
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember reading that feature of andy stockers c13 in redline what year was that out i cant remember how old i was then

i love that H7 MLX the interior is lovely in that

does anybody remember a white corsa it had been fully smoothed it was in a mag feature and i remember it saying something like

" one shunt and the cars a write off"

April 08 feature car
Ojc

21st Dec 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the Corsa with the Cossie style arches
andys sxi
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know just remember it being all smooth and it saying that

April 08 feature car
Ojc

21st Dec 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a 1.0 12v, totally crap.
Andy Stocker

21st Dec 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feature was August 2001
andys sxi
Premium Member

21st Dec 10 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Feature was August 2001

13 nearly 14

April 08 feature car
mattant

21st Dec 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I've noticed is that number plates with italics and different fonts were in back then, now people just want plain numbers, letters and nothing else
aron

21st Dec 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo - if the front is staying i'd smooth the plate recess, indicators and fogs in

wheels wise, i can't look past some fully mirror polished 16" bbs rs's to be honest - it's a special car and needs special wheels in my opinion (camber, stretch would not be necessary if you got some ET45's redrilled)

this is the sort of car i would love to see at shows, could be quite influential in bringing kits back into fashion with the right changes!
Jake

21st Dec 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bbs's are pone
Andy Stocker

21st Dec 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron
daimo - if the front is staying i'd smooth the plate recess, indicators and fogs in

wheels wise, i can't look past some fully mirror polished 16" bbs rs's to be honest - it's a special car and needs special wheels in my opinion (camber, stretch would not be necessary if you got some ET45's redrilled)

this is the sort of car i would love to see at shows, could be quite influential in bringing kits back into fashion with the right changes!

I don't think the plate recess would get smoothed as it's cut out to get more air to the intercooler
stuartmitchell

21st Dec 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to spend hours looking at the cars posted in this thread coming up with my own "ideas" - that turned out to be bollox
Daimo B

21st Dec 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front plates just cable tied on. Used to take it off at shows. Rear plates flush in the bumper. Its also see through. No external lights, the light shines through the plate itself. Like so.

Indicators and lines have already been smoothed in, Fogs are Irmscher and at £70 each they are staying there

Original (well, original have a V grill with the normal big hole at the top, this had a lot of work to start with).

Revised..

Loads of small things like this people don't know of.

Wheels would have to stay 17" to make it drivable with that front end. Its would all the way up on its coilovers as it takes the front tyres apart at the outer edges. Already cut the front arch lining back as well!! Changes wise its more finishing smaller bits rather than changing the entire look.

Talking of which, James, you still got my damn stienmetz bandbrake piece

One for Fad and Ollie

SteveW - Who would have thought the black car on brand new chrome wheels would be yours later on. Both your car, and the one you would yet own at the same place...

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/cruises_and_shows_2003/bluewater_meet_2003/

Few more..

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/cruises_and_shows_2003/pvs_2003/page2.html

AdamF, Fad, Lee Mitchells banana too in there!!!

I was looking at a video from PVS 03 a few months ago. You can hear Iaz car flaming out the exhaust behined me whilst cars go up the strip

Found a pic of his from trax too..

SteveW

21st Dec 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad you got some pics of Snowy.. loved my old car

all the cars posted in this thread are what i look back at being the cars of the time. Everyone knew whos car was whos. You would be able to drive into a show and know exactly who attended at a glance.
sri_baby

21st Dec 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i wrong in liking the wide arche black v6 and the jag front end one lol and M9 VXL is stunning
aron

21st Dec 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were all the cars posted on corsasport?
did CS ever attend shows in europe? would've been an awesome convoy, all different colours, kits, wheels etc
smcGSI16V

21st Dec 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats when I preferred D5..

Going back to the old PCG/PCC days.

I used to like all the kitted stuff years ago. Some were absolutley shocking workmanship wise tho.
Looking back now I really cant stand them at all.
ed

21st Dec 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash W's and Brads were mint. They'd still be mint today actually.
Fad

21st Dec 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:

Thats when I preferred D5..

Going back to the old PCG/PCC days.

I used to like all the kitted stuff years ago. Some were absolutley shocking workmanship wise tho.
Looking back now I really cant stand them at all.

Needs to go back to GSi spec and this would make it much usable to enjoy it rather than worry about speed humps and Daimo kerbing the wheels.
MarkSport

21st Dec 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I had them wheels on my first corsa

Bonney

21st Dec 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How times have changed!

Have to agree with some of them looking good in the pictures, But some do look rough close up.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » its another misty eyed thread 23 database queries in 0.0174899 seconds