corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » 2011 Ideas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2011 Ideas
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Dec 10 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas for places you'd like meets for 2011?

I'm liking the idea of a Cumbria meet when the weather picks up, make it a nice drive then a pub or something. No doubt do Llandudno again, still seems to be a favourite, but what ideas has everyone else got? Let us know and I'll see what we can do
jibjob

14th Dec 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon the best one's were the most active ones such as Blackpool and Llandudno so maybe a couple more where its more than just a pub. A rolling road day chucked in there as a meet somewhere. Then there's PVS and Trax that take up two months of meets. So thats 5 months of meets taken up already.

As for the rest i'd say just go for ones dotted around the region according to how many people are in each area. Plus maybe another NWWM meet again and a track day somewhere such as Oulton or Anglesey depending on numbers.
andys sxi
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if theres gonna be a nw wm meet again how about having a word with iaz (flamingcorsa) and sort something out about going to his pub?

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
Adam_B

14th Dec 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yorkshire job.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Dec 10 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LLandudno and Blackpool definitely.

Drive in the country sounds nice.

PVS and Trax may take up a first Sunday but we don't have dates yet so that may not be the case.
mattk

14th Dec 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I plan to attend a few this year

the mix of being skint all summer and then having only a 75bhp transit I dont have much interest in has kept me quiet

car will be back on the road in feb and Il be interested again
Mike
Premium Member

14th Dec 10 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good one Adam, Yorkshire turnouts seem to be doing well nowadays so that's definitely one to look into.

Didn't know about Iaz' pub but again potential there, after this months meet the joint meets do seem to get the interest up, need to try and work out spacing them out, obviously not everyone has the money to be going here, there and everywhere for meets.

I'd prefer to stick to the first Sunday for the meets that way everyone knows when it's gonna be (although I'm not 100% about the January meet atm, day after New Years Day might not be a great idea) so Rolling Road day wise I'd probably go for mid month Saturday morning if we do it, I've topped the thread from a bit back to see if we get anymore interest because it's somewhat lacking upto now.

I'm up for considering suggestions for alternative formats if anyone has any ideas in that area, I quite like the pub for a meal and banter format but turnouts this year kind of give an indication that other people maybe don't like it so much, so suggestions welcome on that one
Adam_B

14th Dec 10 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Drive in the country sounds nice.

Breakfast meet? Remember we tried to do it ages ago, I still think its a good idea
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 02:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ the breakfast meet was discussed when lisa was still around, cant beleive its not been done yet
Mike
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breakfast meet, I think I'm too much of a noob for that one

I'm guessing the idea was early morning drive then end at a cafe for breakfast?
Tom G

15th Dec 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go evo triangle/ cat and fiddle
SR91

21st Dec 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to get a meet to go to the evo triangle about 2 year back
Mike
Premium Member

22nd Dec 10 at 01:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cat and Fiddle could be done again, the road's been slightly spoiled by the average speed cameras but the pub was decent.

Evo triangle's a funny one ideally it would be tied in with Llandudno as then it's in summer too but it'd either mean an early start or changing the Llandudno format to make it a bit later. I'd be happy with an early start but last time I was looking at going myself before Llandudno but I'd have had to leave my house at half 9 and that would've just give me time for one lap which just didn't seem worth it especially when one of the roads is pretty boring, one is uphill and the 1.2 didn't really love that bit which meant loads of extra driving for 1 road. I reckon if we organised an early start, probably looking at meeting near the triangle at about 9-9.30 it should give us a couple of hours of playtime/photo opportunities around there before heading off to Llandudno for midday.

I'd be happy with that but let us know what you all think of it, no point organising that if none of you can be arsed getting out of bed
8vcorsa

23rd Dec 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every sat night there is a ph cruise at bagilt at petrol heads cafe ch6 6hy and we could allways go up to horse shoe pass at the cafe there vvoc club-vaux cav crazy do alot of meets up there and iv been to a few of them ones and they allways have good turn outs
mattk

2nd Jan 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo need a RR day in there somewhere
Ad Blue B

2nd Jan 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to do the evo triangle as its already been mentioned, a mate has done it from my old work in his clio 200 a couple of times and he loves it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Jan 11 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo triangle and LLandudno is two meets, no time for driving and tobogganing

Ad Blue B

2nd Jan 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, but also on the way theres a go kart track
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Evo triangle and LLandudno is two meets, no time for driving and tobogganing

there would be if you turned up to a llandudno meet on time for once!
corsagte2010

4th Jan 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is anyone goin to the fastshow at santapod this month?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » 2011 Ideas 24 database queries in 0.0152330 seconds