corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my 1.6 16v sport in silver

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my 1.6 16v sport in silver
20xe-s

User status: Offline
27th Feb 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice
corsasportsam

1st Mar 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help see bottom of page 1 for mybproblem it seems to be the drivers side where the problem is
corsasportsam

8th Mar 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent a few hours the weeknd cleaning under all the arches and repaintingbthe brakes... Ordered new header tank as other one has split on one of the top pipe inlets.. Got to get someone to look at the steering problem ive got and getting a new boot so will je buay these next few weekends
corsasportsam

20th Mar 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right fitted my new coolant tank will uplaod pics later... However since doing so my engine management light has came on.. The car takes a few turns to start and is down on power??? All i did to fit the new tank was disconnect the green plug above the tank and a pipe that goes to the back of the inlet... I have reffitted them ao i dunno whats up... Help
corsasportsam

20th Mar 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before:

after:

plug i removed:

pipe i removed:
corsasportsam

22nd Mar 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any ideas??? It seems to have low throttle reaponse at 1000 revs and seems to be more noise coming from engine/inlet.. Does anyone even know what that grwen plug is??
barney1.6sport

22nd Mar 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problems ur having wit the suspension. why dont u remove the coilovers, take the spring off and start from scratch, double chek everything and make sure its all tight. maybe u left something off when u put the new top mounts on ? :S
and the hose and plugs u removed, chek theyres no splits or anything. if u cant see anything then go 2 a garage and ask for a diagnotsic check. Usually costs about £25.
corsasportsam

22nd Mar 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yh i did all that with the suspension as it was doing it before i changed the top mounts.. I have checked all the leads/pipes and no splits so think i will have to take it in just wanted a secind opinion... Thanks matech appreciated

[Edited on 22-03-2011 by corsasportsam]
corsasportsam

23rd Mar 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right yhen got tye day off so been n had itvdiagnosed as a crankshaft sensor so sourced one for a tenner and gonna fit it will let youvall know how i get on if anyone follows this thread lol
corsasportsam

24th Mar 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted the crankshaft sensor and still had problem so took the car back to where i had it diagnosed and he was stumped then when i left there it was ok no eml on and good power again then next trip i did it was back on then so went back over everything again this morning and it still had eml on so went up to the garage to see if he could have a look but he was too busy and when i left there again it was fine!!!! %I so it must be a loose connection somewhere but i cor find it
corsasportsam

26th Mar 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not right so took it bavk to the garage and they said it could be a loose bottom pulley so they took it off to see and found i need a new cambelt 150 smackers parts and labour.... Friggin car
ShEp

26th Mar 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There mugging you ffs.

Sounds like the HG is on the way out,
corsasportsam

27th Mar 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried some other places they wanted like 250 - 300 just wanted it fixed tbh.... What makes you say head gasket on way out??
corsasportsam

1st Apr 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still got eml on and is doin my head in noone seema to know what it is but cant justify vauxhalls prices to take it there yet... It only happens when engine is cold if i start it up and its on i drive for.5 mins turn it off and back on and its okay then
corsasportsam

16th Apr 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got me a new exhaust tip today 3" outward rolled round one looks alot better than the oval one will upload pics when clean car tomorrow
corsasportsam

17th Apr 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found some pics of my old 1litre b:-

corsasportsam

17th Apr 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so pic of my new exhaust tip:-

comments welcome but i love it!!!!

also cleaned it today and had all balck tar marks on doors below rubstrips cant really see them in pic but was bad before:-

after:-

much better
corsasportsam

6th May 11 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a day off the other day so cleaned all under my arches and back of wheel and painted breaks red as the yellow looked terrible lol
before:-

after:-

sorry no before of back of wheels but they were black so you can see how much better they look now

thanks for looking
youngsezer

6th May 11 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very nice, much prefer the brakes in red to yellow, will match all the other red bits, although i would have done the drums black

and i have to say i prefer the wheels with the stickers as you say they are very bland without them

oh and iirc the green plug is the Mass Air Flow Sensor

[Edited on 06-05-2011 by youngsezer]

[Edited on 06-05-2011 by youngsezer]
corsasportsam

6th May 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate i fort about doin em black but just had some red paint n they needed tidying up... Oooh cheers nate i still got the problem so might change that aswell
corsasportsam

11th Jun 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well started cleaning it today after wirk ready for pvs tomorrow and it started raining well pissed off!!!
Mark.W

11th Jun 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your red B looked tidy
corsasportsam

13th Jun 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate i did love that car but it was too slow and this came up at a good price so i sold it... Would of loved to do a conversion in it tho
corsasportsam

22nd Jun 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its late but few pics of my car from pvs lol

on the way there

parked up

ooooh and got bored tonight and found something to do with the free stickers out of total vauxhall :-

oooh and i still got the running problem which is doing my head in!!!! i did a paper clip test andmatched the code to the egr valve does anyone think this coukd be right as i had someone look at it and he said could be headgasket or a switch and then the ass wipe never got back in touch!!! so can anyone shine any light on this??? also its eating rear wheel bearings!!!!!

corsasportsam

15th Aug 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update.... pickin up some skirts tonight will upload pics as i prep paint and fit em they are currebtly brocade yellow... dont know wether to colour code em or pant em gloss black... what you fink???

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my 1.6 16v sport in silver 23 database queries in 0.1864090 seconds