corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » COD and Lag?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author COD and Lag?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed with Black Ops its takes forever (15-20mins) to connect me to a match, router etc is setup the same as it was on MW2 with no problems at all. When i finally get in a game im getting owned constantly when i was actually alright at MW2, in the top 3 on FFA 90% of the time.

When i watch Kill Cams back its like the other person has far more time to react than me, like they're 1-2 seconds ahead somehow.

Then i read on a forum that 'playing online with a ping time of 50ms makes you even to the other players, double that to 100ms and your suddenly at a disadvantage'...

Its it something to do with my connection or am i just shit....

[Edited on 02-12-2010 by A2H GO]
Jambo

2nd Dec 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to do port forwarding. I was having same issue WAW and MW2 worked fine this I was getting shot before I'd seen anyone and constantly getting booted/re entering a game for now reason(5/5 bars on wifi)

Since I've changed the NAT settings it seems a bit better. But sometimes I think it's due to some people just having great broadband tbh
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this sometimes, is bloody annoying i just quit and join another game, doesnt take ages to connect just gameplay is sometimes slow

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
N3CRO

2nd Dec 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Then i read on a forum that 'playing online with a ping time of 50ms makes you even to the other players, double that to 100ms and your suddenly at a disadvantage'...
[Edited on 02-12-2010 by A2H GO]

My ping is around 25ms yet I'm often at a disadvantage proven by watching the killcams so I think thats bollocks.
A2H GO

2nd Dec 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically no matter how good you are, you're still limited by the quality of your internet connection?

No wonder i'm struggling, O2 constantly provide me a speed of no more than 2mb AND im usually downloading torrents whist playing.

I've read numerous guides on how to change NAT settings ect but tbh it goes over my head. Ive been into my router and added something on from a list called 'xbox' which i assigned which i presume were some preset settings but it didnt make any difference.
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My borther told me that the plas was to do a double points weekend this weekend but instead they are workign with the servers (well PS3 anyway) to help cut down on lag and help match fixing
SXi_Tim

2nd Dec 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have thought this on regular occasions that my connection fucks me (i get just over 1 meg with a shit ping)
N3CRO

2nd Dec 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No wonder i'm struggling, O2 constantly provide me a speed of no more than 2mb AND im usually downloading torrents whist playing.

Not bloody surprised. Slow ass speed plud downloading torrents too...
I have o2's 16Mb which I get 12-13Mb of and if I download while playing, it lags like fuck so I can't imagine how laggy it much be for you.
My advise, DON'T download while playing!
SXi_Tim

2nd Dec 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to leave games a week+ on my connection to d/l
A2H GO

2nd Dec 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:

I have o2's 16Mb which I get 12-13Mb of and if I download while playing, it lags like fuck so I can't imagine how laggy it much be for you.

Once im in games there 'appears' to be no lag at all, really smooth gameplay with no glitching/jumping. Its just from the time i've spent playing i've come to the conclusion that im around 2 seconds behind everyone else

I'd happily upgrade my BB with o2 but being a new build estate 2mb is about the best I can get.
N3CRO

2nd Dec 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Once im in games there 'appears' to be no lag at all, really smooth gameplay with no glitching/jumping. Its just from the time i've spent playing i've come to the conclusion that im around 2 seconds behind everyone else

I'd happily upgrade my BB with o2 but being a new build estate 2mb is about the best I can get.

Come play with me but you can be on the other team
A2H GO

2nd Dec 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come play with me but you can be on the other team

noshua

3rd Dec 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Jambo

3rd Dec 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im strtuggling today connection interrupted every 5 seconds

New Poll