corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Holden Barina 1997 (Opel Corsa B) problem with fuel smell

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Holden Barina 1997 (Opel Corsa B) problem with fuel smell
gravesy

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a friend in Australia that had problems with her car today. There was a strong smell of petrol which cleared after about 30 minutes. She said it hasn't happened before and there were no visible leaks anywhere. It was 45 degrees outside. I asked if she'd just filled up but she was on only half a tank.

Is there anything I can get her to check? Failing that I'll be over there next week and can have a look myself but just need to know what to look for.

Cheers.

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by gravesy]
Mark B

22nd Nov 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pump seal under the seat?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Nov 10 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check for corrosion on the tank firstly.

Other common place is the fuel lines in the engine bay, if you can identify the engine then we can point you to where to look. The pipes perish and fail adjacent to the unions which bolt to the fuel rail.

New Poll