corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I need c20xe related help quickly!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I need c20xe related help quickly!
jibjob

User status: Offline
   15th Nov 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To cut a long story short my car cut out and won't start again. It'll turn over, has fuel but has no spark. The plugs, lead, dizzy cap and rotor arm are all brand new so it cant be that. My EML is giving me the usual code of crank sensor but also Air Flow Sensor Low Voltage, CO Potentiometer High Voltage and Hall Effect Sensor Low voltage. Im guessing thats all linked and will be down to one problem. Ive changed the dizzy and its still doing it!

Also would these problems cause the car to cut out and not start? The few days before it gave up completely it cut out on me a couple of times and then wont fire on the first few turns of the key but then it gave up and wouldnt fire at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated as i need my car to get to work so need it sorting ASAP.

Ive tried help zone but with no luck and due to circumstances i need a rough answer as to what it could be today.
brod99

15th Nov 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try an other ecu mate
i have one for sale for a dizzy engine
text me 07792360234 if you want it
jibjob

15th Nov 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would it be the ECU? Surely there would be a wide array of faults or an ECU fault but as theres only 3 it might be something linked to them i just cant think what it could be.
phil_fcuk

15th Nov 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a break in the engine loom somewhere. mine had similar problems, cutting out, no spark, giving me false codes etc...after a week of persistance i finally found the problem.....3 wires melted together and were touching and/or disconnected
jibjob

15th Nov 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll be the second loom ive gone through then! I'll have a look when i get the chance in day light and see what i can find. Anyone got any other ideas?
grubz172

15th Nov 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a similar problem on my old corsa, flashed loads of codes up at once so i chaged them put still no difference, turned out to be a broken earth wire from batterry to car and had fcuked the ecu
jibjob

15th Nov 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its looking more and more like a wiring problem and possible ECU? I'll check all the wiring when i get chance.
brod99

15th Nov 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if you need a loom i have a dizzy loom here as welll
jibjob

15th Nov 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate i'll have a good look as soon as i get chance

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I need c20xe related help quickly! 22 database queries in 0.0141590 seconds