corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine problems starting to make sense...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine problems starting to make sense...
Patrick

User status: Offline
28th Mar 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...car went back into Sanspeed today to try and put it all right and have just had a phone call from the technician. Apparently there is an air leak between the throttle bodies and the inlet manifold they have tightened them up but the mount and gaskets are going to have to be replaced.

That explains why there is a loss in power and also why the car is overfueling cos there is not enough air getting in due to the leak, not quite sure why this is making the car rev irratically but over all it doesn't sound good. Suppose I know whats wrong with it now though so can start to get it put right. Problem is I have got to source the parts from the Manufacturer which is Denmark I think? Probably try Regal to see if they can help me get the parts as they are the supplier in this country.
Fad

28th Mar 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm not sounding good fella

Cant belive u took it back to Sanspeed they are all twats in there...

should of took it to RPM in Northfleet they are top fellas

Good luck gettin it all back to it was
Patrick

28th Mar 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wednesday was the first time I had tried Sanspeed and I had to take it back to them as I had payed to get my car fixed and they hadn't done what they had said they were going to! Don't really know whether this is going to be a big job or not really but have just remembered that these throttle bodies came with a years warranty and I've only had them on my car for 12 months so might give Regal a call and get them fixed for nothing!
OFcorsa

28th Mar 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a guess but would it not rev irratically to try to intake more air to compensate for the loss?
Patrick

28th Mar 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't know, am hoping for some feedback from people that do!
Fad

28th Mar 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well get on the ole dog and bone get it sorted!! Hows the RS comming along? I want one
Patrick

28th Mar 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't even been in the RS at all for nearly 2 weeks. It's looking sweet though lowered 40mm on Spax adjustables with 16" OZ Superturismos. Fitted a Seat Ibiza front lower splitter the other day aswell which I love the look of. It doesn't feel as fast as the corsa however the power delivery is a hell of alot smoother
GIBBS

28th Mar 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RPM in northfleet! that place is dodgy i wouldnt let me car go there for nething!
Fad

28th Mar 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounding top Pat

So Whys that gibbs? From what i saw when i went down there they know their stuff and are quite experienced. And also heard from quite a few people they are really good?

Ojc

28th Mar 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punto GT
Patrick

28th Mar 03 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punto GT what? It's a car yes. Very worthwhile post!
vibrio
Banned

28th Mar 03 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick
...car went back into Sanspeed today to try and put it all right and have just had a phone call from the technician. Apparently there is an air leak between the throttle bodies and the inlet manifold they have tightened them up but the mount and gaskets are going to have to be replaced.

That explains why there is a loss in power and also why the car is overfueling cos there is not enough air getting in due to the leak, not quite sure why this is making the car rev irratically but over all it doesn't sound good. Suppose I know whats wrong with it now though so can start to get it put right. Problem is I have got to source the parts from the Manufacturer which is Denmark I think? Probably try Regal to see if they can help me get the parts as they are the supplier in this country.

the air leak makes the car idle funny. it does not reall affect it when your accelerating cause the engine is sucking in air. on idle the car is not really sucking so your idle is all over the place. the same thing can happen if you have a sticking valve
Andy

28th Mar 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regal supplied your TBs and Regal fitted your TBs - so why the hell don't you get them to sort it for nowt or take them to court if they refuse? Just can't believe how much sh1t some people are willing to tolerate!
Kerry

28th Mar 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi andy
Andy

28th Mar 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
hi andy

Hiya Kerry How ya doin'?

My little toy will be ready quite soon now
Lee M

28th Mar 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy, hellooooo matey! how are ya? Can't believe the crap some people put up with either!

Patrick I bumped into you at the Pod with Dan ( he fixed your throttle cable remember? ) and I told you what I thought of Regal then matey. You paid them good money mate, let THEM sort it for you!!!

Kerry... I haven't been on here for a while and got sooo suckered in... Click here!! Ok then!! doh!!!

Andy, we NEED to do a trackday together buddy! your car will be such a little tool. I really wish I had taken L100 to the limit like you have. BUT you also need to experience mental power mate. Give me a call mate, lets meet up and I'll get you a ride in a huge REAL (not pub talk) 575bhp+ Cossie around a track
Andy

28th Mar 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Lee - soooo good to hear from you!! T499 will be mental when she's ready and would love to get her on the track. And do I want to experience mental power (is the Pope a catholic?)? I take it this is Reyland's Cossie? I'm ringing you straight away to book my Cossie experience - No pursuading needed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine problems starting to make sense... 22 database queries in 0.0100961 seconds