corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  290    291    292    293    294    295    296  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Dec 11 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not join that endurance race, Chris?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

10th Dec 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its next friday
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did wonder why you weren't online Epic fail by me.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you going to join it? they are pretty good races.
Paul_J

11th Dec 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played from about 1:30pm -> 6:30pm today... my mind is fucked. Spa and Nurburgring ... good battles, but basically for 5 hours been absolutely on edge. Feel like I'm about to have a seizure

[Edited on 11-12-2011 by Paul_J]
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
are you going to join it? they are pretty good races.
Nah, partly can't be bothered with the hassle of a practice session and just generally a 2 hour race in one sitting. Wasn't too bad doing the 1-1.5 hour ones we used to do when I was using a pad, but I think 2 hours on a wheel would ruin me

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
AK

11th Dec 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
played from about 1:30pm -> 6:30pm today... my mind is fucked. Spa and Nurburgring ... good battles, but basically for 5 hours been absolutely on edge. Feel like I'm about to have a seizure

[Edited on 11-12-2011 by Paul_J]

I did one race with you and got punted at the first corner by heaps of folk.... ended up 3rd last or something PLUS I cant be arsed with the ring. Hate it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

davev its not actually as bad as you might think, you kind of get into a rhythm and doesnt at all seem as long as it is.

when me and jamie did the race at spa in the rain with the lambos it had no sooner started and i was crossing the finish line.

The guys on there are not really that great so you should do well and place quite high. i think there is a practise tomorrow at 18:30 but you dont have to stay for the entire time.

Paul, you need to get in on this race, i could do with some competition now jamie isnt allowed to race lol
Jamie-C

12th Dec 11 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might send him an apology and see if he will let me race
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it..
Paul_J

13th Dec 11 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best car for it Chris? and what lap times you doing. I'll give it a shot and see if I can get on pace.

[Edited on 13-12-2011 by Paul_J]
Paul_J

13th Dec 11 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My name is temp down assuming I get home from work in time. - DB9 I assume?

What lap time to aim for?
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well.. Id of used the Db9 but they said the fast drivers are not allowed to use it as it gives too much advantage.. :S ok.. So i am not allowed to use it lol. Im going to use either the TVR or the M3.

im swaying towards the m3 because its alot more stable but its 2 secs a lap slower than the tvr in the dry, im going to do some wet laps today to see which is the fastest in the wet.

Also you have to join at least 1 practise session of the guy hosting just so he can see your clean and fair. Its at 18:30 tonight ill be on so just me.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its actually 3 seconds a lap slower than the tammy.
Paul_J

13th Dec 11 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heh, well I'm not one of their labelled 'fast driver's so I guess I'm allowed to use DB9?

- I honestly want to try the TVR, as it sounds like it would suit my style a bit more... I like the car loose - but then there's tyre wear.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignore tyre wear, if weather is on then you will be changing your tyres well before they run out.

im just doing some practise now and i hink the M3 is a good car to win it tbh. 2/3 seconds faster than the TVR and DB9 in the wet.
Paul_J

13th Dec 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting... how often did the weather change before?

I've got a day off today, so may have time to play a bit during the day. (supposed to be painting my rollcage though)
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the lambo race it changes from dry to wet.

so start with dry sports meds on then when it gets to 25% surface water you have to change to inters/rains then at about 40% you need to change to rains, so potentially 3 changes, damage is on max so i imagine mid pack there will be another pit there.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just tried the M3 and TVR out.

2x 2 Lap Races

M3
1st Lap = 2'44.0
2nd Lap = 2'40.4
Final Time = 5'24.4

TVR
1st Lap = 2'43.4
2nd Lap = 2'40.4
Final Time = 5'23.9

The M3... drive at that pace all day with out a problem, the TVR on the other hand was a bloody handful, always on edge and over a 2 hour race that isnt what you want. If it stayed dry the whole race you probably would be fine in either but in the rain the M3 is 5 seconds quicker over the 2 lap race. I've not tried the DB9 as i cant be arsed but i did yesterday and it was pretty mch even with the TVR but a bit more of a handful in the rain due to being heavier.

the other cars are no goers as far as im concerned, the SL55 may be ok but it underteers too much for me.
Paul_J

13th Dec 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The interesting thing is, your m3 has gone from being 43's to 40's ... that's the only problem with testing cars back to back... the first car you test is naturally slower than your later laps.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, of cause.. im trying to do this over a couple days so it starts to even out, obviuosly the more you use a car the faster your going to get. Im also using reccomended cars so they dont get faster unliket he ones you own go up in BHP the more you use them.

I just used the SL55

1st Lap = 2'43.2
2nd Lap = 2'40.2
Final Time = 5'23.5

front tyres will be completley mashed by 5 laps at that pace.

[Edited on 13-12-2011 by chris_uk]
AK

13th Dec 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone one on for a few laps?
Jamie-C

13th Dec 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
heh, well I'm not one of their labelled 'fast driver's so I guess I'm allowed to use DB9?

- I honestly want to try the TVR, as it sounds like it would suit my style a bit more... I like the car loose - but then there's tyre wear.
Drive the same car as me and Chris (If he lets me join) or else you'll just thrash them all in the DB9. There slow as fuck.
Paul_J

13th Dec 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy Macnab has asked me not to use the Db9 - as I did a 2 lap demo (for them to watch my lines) and slammed in a 2 min 37 . 3 it is sooo much faster than the other cars.

8C is quite unstable imo.

Haven't tried tvr.

Can do 2 min 38's in M3.

Jamie-C

13th Dec 11 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He replied saying he doesn't want to let me join as others will think they can get away with the same thing. TWAT

I told him I respect his decision and wished him a merry christmas, maybe he will have a rethink

<<  290    291    292    293    294    295    296  >>

New Poll