corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cutting down gear stick?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cutting down gear stick?
sharpy28

User status: Offline
1st Oct 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen a few people do it on here but can't remember the thread names or the car

Anyhooo, can people post some pics and how they did it with the "lift up bit" for the reverse, did that need cutting aswell?

Cheers
Aleex

1st Oct 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001IWS1U/ref=asc_df_B0001IWS1U992524?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0001IWS1U

or maybe

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7303669/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C14418702%7CGarden+power+tools%7C14418843/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418843%7CChainsaws%7C14418848.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:7303669%7Ccat:garden+%26+diy+%3E+garden+power+tools+%3E+chainsaws
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never seen anyone do it

you can fit a short shift kit though
Brett
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cut my corsa one down, mainly because I couldn't get that bastard plastic thing off that was glued on iirc. Took me a bit with a hack saw, but I trimmed it a few inches iirc. I left enough so the lift reverse could still be used tucked under the momo gear knob anyway.
sharpy28

1st Oct 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I cut my corsa one down, mainly because I couldn't get that bastard plastic thing off that was glued on iirc. Took me a bit with a hack saw, but I trimmed it a few inches iirc. I left enough so the lift reverse could still be used tucked under the momo gear knob anyway.

cheers, any pics mate?
Brett
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, long time ago mate. Just make sure you buy a lift-reverse knob then measure it up how low you can go but still being able to use the reverse. I can't remember how much you have to play with but it's not that much anyway I think.

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by loafofbrett]
sharpy28

1st Oct 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Na, long time ago mate. Just make sure you buy a lift-reverse knob then measure it up how low you can go but still being able to use the reverse. I can't remember how much you have to play with but it's not that much anyway I think.

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by loafofbrett]

Brett
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You live near me too
sharpy28

1st Oct 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might see you around some time then lol! ill post a project thread up in the next wek or so when ive finished putting the x16 in

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cutting down gear stick? 22 database queries in 0.0059371 seconds