corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My poor car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My poor car
corsaboynick

User status: Offline
   26th Mar 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How annoyed am I, driving home from a great weekend at the girlfriends minding my own business going round a roundabout next thing i know ive been hit on my right hand side and being sent sideways accross the carrige way by some woman not lookin where she is goin changing lanes half way round the roundabout.

Shes managed to take out the whole side of my car from back half of drivers door back. Just been down the bodyshop and been quoted £1250 OUCH im not very happy especially as ive got a £500 excess on my insurance
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 03 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u tit!
3CorsaMeal

r u completey retarded or just lazy
Jamie

hard luck mate

nearly got hit by some daft boot and her 1.1 J reg rust bucket fiesta yesterday morning. slowed righ tdown to 5mph to go past her.
Gambit

26th Mar 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but its nothing to do with your insurance the accident is her fault so its all about her insurance. u dont pay anything
3CorsaMeal

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
but its nothing to do with your insurance the accident is her fault so its all about her insurance. u dont pay anything

that's what i meant to say........
corsaboynick

cheers mate what pissed me off more is shes got away with a smashed head light and bit of bumper trim damage
Gambit

26th Mar 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye but her insurance will go up a hefty sum when it comes up for renewal
corsaboynick

26th Mar 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope it does she didnt have a clue gave me 3 different insurance companies before i got the right one off her
Pablo

26th Mar 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasn't your fault then why you claiming on your insurance and not hers...?
corsaboynick

26th Mar 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos i gotta claim off mine first then sort it out with hers and all that s**t my insurance company are dealing with it all
Gambit

26th Mar 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you aint claiming, you are informing your insurance of an accident that was not your fault.
Gambit

26th Mar 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what insurance company are you with?

cause you've been seriously mis-informed by them by the sounds of things
corsaboynick

26th Mar 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with endsleigh, i aint really got a clue wots goin on they told me i gotta pay the £500 excess and they will sort out the rest i gave them her insurance company details and that was that so i aint reallly got a clue whats happening
Red_Corsa

26th Mar 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u dnt need to give them any money unless their going to refund it back after they have sorted out she admitted responsibility.
Pablo

26th Mar 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought u'd jus claim off hers as you weren't to blame there is no need to do anything with your insurance...
corsaboynick

26th Mar 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just have to wait and see what happens i should get my money back in the end if it means taking it futher with her i will cant afford to loose no claims bonus
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U get people that get walked over and those who walk.........

Ur being fcuked m8
Pablo

26th Mar 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldn't have needed to tell your insurance company at all - should just be hers and then you wouldn't have had to folk out for anything excess and your no claims won't have been affected.
Red_Corsa

26th Mar 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need ring your insurance NOW , because from what youve said they must have the idea your making a claim and therfore you will loose your no NCB and your insurance will go up.
Dan_Corsa

26th Mar 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to tell your insurance company who will then sort out it's repair and you with a hire vehicle if required,your insurance company will then contact hers and she has 2 admit she's at fault,then when your cars repaired you have 2 pay the excess to the body shop 2 get your car back then her insurance company will refund you when it's all settled,but if you do not have the excess money just contact your insurance company and explain it ain't your fault and you shouldn't have 2 lose out in any way,and you won't have 2 pay the excess they will foot it for you as long as the lady admits liability
hope this helps

i hope u have witness's 2
other wise you might end up payin the excess any way,if she says it wasn't her fault and u have no witness's it's your word against hers,and it could turn out 2 b a 50/50 where u both pay for the repair of your own vehicles

[Edited on 26-03-2003 by Dan_Corsa]
Gambit

26th Mar 03 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont give them any money whatsoever, why should you be out of pocket, for x length of time, when the crash was not your fault
Pablo

26th Mar 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Corsa
,then when your cars repaired you have 2 pay the excess to the body shop 2 get your car back then her insurance company will refund you when it's all settled

This shouldn't even happen surely.... The women should pay her excuess but he shouldn't pay a penney if it was her fault and certainly shouldn't loose no claims bonus!!
Dan_Corsa

26th Mar 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he won't loose any no claims but the bodyshop require the excess payment for the release of your car,other wise the body shop is out of pocket until it all gets settled some 1 has pay,and her insurance won't until they have proof or her admittin it was her fault in a statement and a drawin of the accident(how it happened)cos they don't wanna pay out until they deffo know there client was at fault so ur insurance company pay for it at first then claim the money back from her insurance company once settled,i know it sounds unfair but thats how it works
Pablo

26th Mar 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have though she would need to pay the excess or it would all jus go thro on paper work, wouldn't have thought the innocent party would have to pay out anything....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My poor car 22 database queries in 0.0167129 seconds