corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » First attempt at light trails

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First attempt at light trails
harrisp

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a 50mm f1.8 and a tripod for my birthday (and some nd filters and a optech strap and non photography stuff) and had a go at light trails took quite a few pics and this was my favourite.

First attempt at light trails. by Paul Harris2008, on Flickr

[Edited on 23-09-2010 by harrisp]
AndyKent

23rd Sep 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice shot but I think its a bit dark (though to be fair my work monitor is darker than it should be).

I'd like to see the trails a bit more balanced so there is as much red light as white. Difficult to organise though, I know
Scotty_B

23rd Sep 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a tad dark on the left.

If you do a re-shoot time it just right so the skye still has some light but it's way to dark not to have lights on. That way you get sky detail and light trails. A 30 sec exposure should see you good.
harrisp

23rd Sep 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did want it darker but may retry again a bit earlier so have got more light, not tonight though as its thunder and lightening here.
Trying to balance the red and white was the hardest bit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » First attempt at light trails 23 database queries in 0.0098422 seconds