corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell not good news know exactly how you feel as the same happened to my let .. Twice :/ although I know it was just a standard spec engine. Good to see your on to a quick rebuild, it took me a while to get back into rebuilding mine.

Edit: good figures though bud, was you using the SBD nylon relief valve?

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jed D

6th Jan 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even though we've had our differences in the past im quite guttered for you bigron
Kieran
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it's being sorted very quickly!
vauxhead

6th Jan 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way Ben, Gutted for you mate, cant believe thats happened to it

Hope you get it sorted soon.
bigron1988

6th Jan 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry guys will be back together in no time,

yes danny its a gen vaux pump with steel gear and nylon valve , just spoke to steveboyslim and he said when they first start to give mider its a waiting game till it goes

took the cams out today and luckly there is no damage in the head thank god

all the bolts from the engine

not clean enough for me so new bolts again lol

also while head is of im going to put a water outlet on the inlet so fitting, drill and tap bought

nitromorse on the block

and attacked with a wire wheel

still a bit more to do on it

pistons taken of rods and cleaned them up

crank got sent of for 0.25 regrind and will have it back on tuesday , orded new piston rings this morning from omega so they will be here tuesday and greg and graeme dixon are of down south tomorow so there stopping of at steveboyslims to pick me the rest of my parts i need , then its just a waiting game for the machine work

Jon_C
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No hangin about here. Glad to see you have got straight back on it. Good luck with the rebuild.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see theres no headwork damage ben

what sort of compression ratio were you running btw?

And what bar of boost were you looking to be running at if you were just testing at 1?

Good luck with the rebuild though mate. Youve done everything else on the car so far so building the engine is the only thing left for you to do by yourself

Hope it goes well buddy
Graeme Dixon

6th Jan 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't hang about do you Ben?
vx-scottw
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true dedication i hope it gets up n running agen
bigron1988

6th Jan 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate no point in waiting , dont know what boost yet but could be anything from 1.7 bar even up to 2 bar will just see what happends , compression ratio was at 8.5:1
--ToM--

6th Jan 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the rods that colour due to heat from friction on the shells? are they going to be re used or are you getting new rods? only asking as if they are heat distorted the slightest bit of warping could cause more problems,

i know it sounds silly but when the rods wer fitted were the caps off each rod the same ones that came with each one in the box,

only say this because we had a rebuild in work and the rods got mixed up with the caps on the work bench and resulted in similar shell scoring and swarf like that!!

even though they look identical and are machined the slightest bit of un even ness on the face can cause a right mess.

cant believe how fast your cracking on with it mate true dedication, the cars a credit to you
bigron1988

6th Jan 12 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate , rods were the ones that came with the engine from suttons corsa, dont know if they were keeped with the right caps as phil did the build, yep rods have gone blue from heat , yep new rods have been orded and should be here tomorow , should have all the parts to build bottom end back up on tues then i can get box and bottom end fitted, just have to wait for the head to be re shimmed then , also going to re paint gear box as have scratched it in a few places and it would annoy the hell out of me if i didnt

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by bigron1988]
--ToM--

7th Jan 12 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool mate if its haveing new rods wont matter now anyway just seeing them piks gave me flash backs lol,

its great how anal you are about the fine detials, gotta be the best corsa built to date for attention to detail and cleaness, hope its not dirty at pvs this year itll have a bout 6 months dirt on it then :O
bigron1988

7th Jan 12 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to be anal about it mate wont be doing another car like this for a while so i want this to be 100% right , should be clean at pv , will spend all night cleaning it if i have to lol
Nic Barnes

7th Jan 12 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort of know how you feel, perhaps on a lesser scale though. similar outcome is the one I'm fearing hence abandoning mine in the garage until i get the courage back.
Generation

7th Jan 12 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just shows how quick things can be done, when motivated.
bigron1988

7th Jan 12 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
sort of know how you feel, perhaps on a lesser scale though. similar outcome is the one I'm fearing hence abandoning mine in the garage until i get the courage back.

whats happend to yours nic?
TimC909

7th Jan 12 at 03:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben make sure you get as much brake cleaner as you can down the oil galleries and blast it all out with the air line. Just keep doing it until there is nothing at all left to come out. If you wasnt in such a rush to get it done I would so go one better and get the block ultrasonically bathed. Its what im doing with mine before its final build.
bigron1988

7th Jan 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry Tim I'm going to attack it with a power washer first then the brake cleaner and a air line lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mega ouch

had similar but on a much lesser scale, no oil pressure that ruined the bottom end, but i was much lazier and just swapped engines lol

good to see and hear its on the mend with just new everything lol

really wanna see this at PV, running and up close on the stand
Nic Barnes

7th Jan 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

whats happend to yours nic?

was smacking it off the limiter messing about in a tunnel making noise, oil pressure light came on. knocked it off. its been sat since. don't really want to look at it yet. previously I've had the light come on when at the top of 4th gear flat out. knocked it off right away. oil pump gears had smashed to bits. put a new pump on it and the engine itself ran for another 3 years. i just can't afford to fix it anymore. I've spent all my savings the last 4 years and I'm pretty much skint now. so it will have to wait.
3i_gaz

7th Jan 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good lad ben!

Sorry to hear about yours barnes! Yours gets used PROPERLY though not a show queen.
FAZ
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you do for a living m8?

seem to have a lot of free time

good speedy work though
3i_gaz

7th Jan 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The joys of having your own unit, can go there after work hours and crack on
philip2

7th Jan 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rod caps were from each rod and not mixed tom, plastiguaged when built with between 2 and 2.5thou clearances too. same happened with my 1600 when relief had jammed, blued 3 rods, spun bearings and knackered crank.

<<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 24 database queries in 0.0298090 seconds