corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Corsa Sport 2.0 16v (Brocade Yellow) (2000)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Corsa Sport 2.0 16v (Brocade Yellow) (2000)
RO55iman

User status: Offline
25th Aug 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Vauxhall
Model - Corsa
Engine - 2.0 16v redtop
Mileage - 83000
Price - 1600

Location - (Carlisle, Cumbria)
Contact phone number - 07977072075
Contact email address - ross_the_boss_1000@hotmail.com

General information -

For Sale is my much adored Vauxhall Corsa Sport. Presented in nothing less than the brilliant Brocade Yellow and now sporting a very much desired 2.0 16v Redtop engine, it makes for the perfect, fast, sporty, eye-catching and mind- boggling flying machine.

I first purchased the car locally as a standard 1.4 16v Sport. I loved it so much and loved the extra features it boasted over my previous 1.2 8v LS.

As time went on I decided to make the car stand out and be a bit more unique by adding a full, genuine GSi bodykit, with working foglights.
I then decided to add a Sony Bluetooth head unit with uprated Alpine front door speakers and tweeters and then finally a JBL Sub and Amp package. The sound was unreal!!
Then I thought the handling could do with a few tweaks so I purchased a full set of Jamex Motorsport coilovers which are fully adjustable using the supplied C-spanner. I upgraded the brakes to the 256mm disc setup but decided to keep the drums at the back as they are pretty effective but not overkill.
I then purchased a brand new set of OZ Super Turismo GT alloy wheels in brilliant silver.
At this point I thought the car looked perfect and decided to stop with exterior/interior mods and turned to power instead.

Here, regrettably, things decided to get tedious and annoying. I thought about modifying the already nippy C14XE engine but when weighing up the costs, any Corsa lover will tell you, the redtop route is the way to go.

So off I went and spent a long time sourcing a perfect 2.0 16v redtop. When I found one I made sure all the parts were genuine and working. I made sure the engine mounts, drive shafts, hubs, gearbox, radiator, ECU, loom, ARB spacers, gearbox spacer etc were all the genuine article. Up to this point it was all plane sailing.
I am not a professional mechanic myself so I decided to source someone who could help me. This, I got wrong!!!
The guy completely bodged it and since then all I have been doing is fixing bit by bit. Finally I think the car is where it should be with just a little bit of work left to do. I personally feel that whoever buys the car will get a real sense of achievement in finishing the car off. All the parts are present and I have loads of extras to go with the car too.

So, to quickly list the cars spec/extras:

- W reg Vauxhall Corsa (1.4 16v on log) Sport in Brocade Yellow
- Full genuine GSi bodykit with fogs
- Jamex Motorsport Coilovers (fully adjustable)
- OZ Super Turismo GT 16" alloy wheels
- Sony Bluetooth headunit with uprated speakers
- 2.0 256mm brakes
- 2.0 16v redtop engine (C20XE)
- New Friedrich Powercap
- Laguna Splitter (uncut)
- Full set of Vauxhall mudflaps
- 15" Astra alloys with brand new tyres
- Full power steering kit (minus pump mount as wrong one supplied) if you decide to have a PAS redtop
- Polished Baileys header tank

And of course all the Sport goodies like electric windows and mirrors which are also heated. Sport seats which are nearly mint apart from small rip half way up top bolster which I done with a screw driver in my pocket... cut my leg a lot more! Drivers airbag and central locking.

Well for the bad bits: Apart from fitting PAS if you wish too, the car still needs a bit of work. For starters the Anti-roll bar needs fitting back up and an engine mount needs rubber block replacing as one of the screws stripped. Cooling system could do with a looking at. Either a cool running thermostat or bigger radiator. Body work is mint apart from heavy stone chips at the front and a little rust spot on boot under spoiler. Apart from all of that it's ready to go. Car starts everytime and doesn't tap or smoke and it drives like a dream. Very healthy engine with lots of sheer raw power!

I am selling the car as i'm heading back to Uni now. This was supposed to be a summer project but has since dried up all my free money and time. I feel the price reflects my efforts and the fact that I am supplying everything needed to make this car one amazing little car!

Will come supplied with 6 months tax and remainder of MOT (December 2010) and have a original Vauxhall handbook with all MOT's and receipts for servicing parts etc

I have loads more pictures and info on the car so just E-mail me.

ross_the_boss_1000@hotmail.com

Apologies for the long, personal description but I am very sad I have to sell this car and know i'll kick myself in the future when I have more money.

Car would need to be towed due to engine mount problem but up to you if you fancy risking it. Mount hasn't moved at all and is solid but it's just for peace of mind and im very safety conscience.
Please only buy this car if your serious about making it happen. I'd hate to see it in a scrap yard somewhere.

Thankyou very much for reading my very long description and hope it's the right car for you.

Ross and Amanda.

(Car is based just south of Carlisle)

[Edited on 25-08-2010 by RO55iman]

[Edited on 03-09-2010 by RO55iman]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Corsa Sport 2.0 16v (Brocade Yellow) (2000) 24 database queries in 0.0115800 seconds