corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got a few ideas on stuff for the Clio 200 ... opinions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got a few ideas on stuff for the Clio 200 ... opinions?
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
18th Aug 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant make my mind up - fancy doing something too it but im not sure. The car is pretty much perfect for me.... I dont want to change suspension ect as its amazing as it is. Basically just looking at a few cosmetic things.

I was thinking of changing the spoiler but ive now really got used to the cup spoiler and I love it so thats staying... I know its marmite but I really like it now and it sets the car off nicely imo - just looks weird without it on the back.

1. RS Badge - originally I wanted this, but im not so sure now - is it me or does it just look a bit wrong?

my car without it

2. Second thing is some carbon bits ... gonna get some of the interior trim done in carbon

My interior now- gonna get the heater surrounds and dash strips done in carbon, maybe the centre console too

my car

centre console in carbon

thinking of these too

And pretty sure im gonna get the diamonds and maybe the bullets done in carbon too... fit in better with blue and black on the rest of the car

carbon Diamonds

my silver diamonds

Bullets - thinking of just getting some anthracite bullets

My bullets - think they would look better darker ?

3. Wind deflecters - never been a fan of these but I saw some on a black 200 the other day and it looked pretty good ..tempted to get some

4. Last thing is whether to get spacers or not ..... Im kind of coming to the conclusion that the 200 needs them badly

wheels just sit in a bit too much? Or am I just being a bit anal?

these are with 25mm spacers fitted on a 197

on a 200

before

after

Are there any problems associated with having spacers on a car .. im guessing not as its pretty common.

Any thoughts?

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it all
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes to everything apart from that RS badge, with spacers looks miles better, you can't go wrong with carbon, wind deflectors look ok and I personally think it looks miles better without the spoiler, lovely car non the less.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by DannyB]
mwg

18th Aug 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the spacers and put a ktec sprint spoiler on
JonnyJ

18th Aug 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Yes to everything apart from that RS badge, with spacers looks miles better, you can't go wrong with carbon, wind deflectors look ok and I personally think it looks miles better without the spoiler, lovely car non the less.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by DannyB]

What Danny said.
3CorsaMeal

18th Aug 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't really like the black part of front bumper, looks sort of "mid-repair"
Dr Pepper

18th Aug 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i don't really like the black part of front bumper, looks sort of "mid-repair"

Main reason I didnt get the 200 fr a while - wasnt sure on the front end looks...... have to say it looks great in the flesh...photographs terribly
_Allan_

18th Aug 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Yes to everything apart from that RS badge

Neo

18th Aug 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only spacers IMO.
A2H GO

18th Aug 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Only spacers IMO.

You said you dont want to change the suspension as the handleing is perfect as it it so why spacers?

Seurely Renault have designed it so that it handles brilliantly with a specific track width, surely you would just be ruining the geometry by sticking the wheels out a bit more.
ed

18th Aug 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever you do, don't put that cheap carbon tat on such a nice car.
Dr Pepper

18th Aug 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Only spacers IMO.

You said you dont want to change the suspension as the handleing is perfect as it it so why spacers?

Seurely Renault have designed it so that it handles brilliantly with a specific track width, surely you would just be ruining the geometry by sticking the wheels out a bit more.

General consensus amoungst clio owners seems to be that 25mm spacers will result in pretty much no difference in handling .... the reason they dont stick out enough is given that the set up is the same on the megane...but the megane 18" wheels are wider, whereas the clio speedlines dont stick out as far.

Would a 25mm spacer really alter handling noticably?
Dr Pepper

18th Aug 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Whatever you do, don't put that cheap carbon tat on such a nice car.

Im not decided mate .... why I wanted opinions ..... I do want black diamonds and bullets but I might just go for anthracite rather than carbon........ think I might just order a cheap part of the dash first, see what it looks like compared to OM before I get the rest
ed

18th Aug 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very unlikely it will do much that is noticeable to a car that is in road trim.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 10 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Depends if you are likely to notice. Can't hurt on the back but I probably wouldn't want to mess about with the steering geometry.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found the back end of mine a lot more stable with the spacers, less oversteery
Dr Pepper

18th Aug 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Depends if you are likely to notice. Can't hurt on the back but I probably wouldn't want to mess about with the steering geometry.

cheers .... might go do some searching on clio forums from others who have spacers on..see what they say
Rich H

18th Aug 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes to the spacers, no to the RS badge, yes to the interior carbon, paint the bullets and Renault badges gloss black to match the other black exterior details
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 10 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do bear in mind they're probably going to say they're amazing and transformed the car, when in reality a lot is down to placebo and they'll probably change their tune when they need tyres.
FlamingCorsa

18th Aug 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never drove my clio before it had the spacers and kw's on but it seems handles amazingly so cant c it making much difference!

i would just be worried if u put spacers on then it will sit to heigh and you will need to lower it then! i would highly reccomend kw's but its just alot of money to spend on brand new car with new suspension!
alan-g-w

18th Aug 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack the small carbon parts and use the money to buy a carbon bonnet if possible.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got a few ideas on stuff for the Clio 200 ... opinions? 22 database queries in 0.1034501 seconds