corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sound deadening

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sound deadening
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   16th Aug 10 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking into sound deadening whole of inside of my car apart from roof.

Quick look on ebay revieled a huge selection of materials, all at differerent prices.

How much i would need of the stuff for a corsa sized car? and how much would i need of stuff?

Thanks

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by daymoon]
stubs

16th Aug 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wickes flashing tape will do the job... will need to double up the layers, but far cheaper than "Brown Bread" and "Dynamat" etc...

Many would argue it's not as good, but TBH it's not far off and for a fraction of the cost.
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the costs like?
John

16th Aug 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would that not slightly defeat the purpose of fitting a bigger engine?
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Would that not slightly defeat the purpose of fitting a bigger engine?

extra few kg's would not affect double power figures and it is loud as fcuk!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
Looking into sound deadening whole of inside of my car apart from room.

Sorry, what?
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

Sorry, what?

roof...
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, typo! yeah Danny is correct
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also agree with John, no point adding a more powerfull engine and then adding weight, you want to be losing it if anything proper deadening throughout the car will weigh more than just a few kg's aswell.

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by DannyB]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

Sorry, what?

roof...

Cheers Danny - I guessed it was a typo, but couldn't work for the life of me what it was! Perhaps I'm not quite awake yet, it is Monday after all
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the power is doubled now, and car should be fast enough for me anyway.

maybe i will change my mind when i put my stereo back in...
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is loud as fuck, it has no deadening inside what so ever, floors, roof, inside rear quaters, up behind the dash and everywhere else is just bare panels. I quite like it though
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you drive loads? I think that would annoy me after a while unless in the middle of nowhere and had to use B roads only to get anywhere..
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is used daily, well it was before I took it off the road to get a few things done you get used to it
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed over 10kg alone from removing the factory bonded deadening which isn't a constant spread like you intend to apply...
Root

16th Aug 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I removed over 10kg alone from removing the factory bonded deadening which isn't a constant spread like you intend to apply...

10kg is nothing. For the sake of 10kg, you may as well join the gym and lose 10kg from your body
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

10kg is nothing. For the sake of 10kg, you may as well join the gym and lose 10kg from your body

10kg is a lot considering the small amount of material it was. Plus add all the foam deadening from the car, the carpets, the trim, the sunroof etc etc. All adds up, and was quicker to remove than it would be to lose the equivalent weight.

Besides, I was merely giving the OP an idea of why people are asking why he wants to add more weight - if the patchy OE bonded stuff equals around 10kg, and he intends to evenly coat the majority of the interior, it will be a considerable increase...
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok if i remove all OEM stuff and say lose 10 kg and add new stuff and add 15 kg, it's only 5kg extra. I can live with that. Will fill half the tank at the time, not full tank i do all the time...
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you aren't fussed by the weight factor, then don't worry. If you were, then its not worth doing IMO.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sound deadening 22 database queries in 0.0118260 seconds