corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SPL????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SPL????
Richie_B

User status: Offline
   23rd Mar 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you geezas have heard of a company called SPL??
I bought 2 8" subs off them the other day in a carpeted bass box, i notice some of there stuff is available on ebay to!
Any help is appreciated!!!!
Richie_B

23rd Mar 03 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
shrews corsa

23rd Mar 03 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arent they called SPLX???
if so i have an amp and sub made by them
Mikorsa16v

23rd Mar 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not well known for quality as good as some makes i.e. ///Alpine, Kenwood..the list goes on, but they do a lot of budget gear. correct me if im wrong
shrews corsa

23rd Mar 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes all their gear is cheap
corb

23rd Mar 03 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and tbh, not that good, sorry
shrews corsa

23rd Mar 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sub doesnt sound too bad when working and when powered from my jbl amp
corb

23rd Mar 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on what your used to though, i mean some people will try until theyre blue in the face to tell me vibe is great. Its not at all musical and not really all that loud. But if you like it then fair enough.
JayC

24th Mar 03 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SPL are sh1te mate sorry. My mate has a bandpass box with two 12" subs in and it sounds shite compared to my DB audio bandpass. Well he is running it off a Boss amp aswell, sh1te as well.
corb

24th Mar 03 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cos i work with vibe stuff, it breaks, its unreliable, its not at all musical (just makes a sort of rumbly bass type noise) and like ive already said, if youve actually heard, listened to and owned half decent gear, you'd notice the difference.

and dont say i dont know my stuff, i do large scale dB dragging, i know my sounds.
CopyWrite

25th Mar 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah u know ur sounds and u know u only want the best, which is very good.
I'm not gonna say weather splx is crap, or vibe, splx isnt my prefured choice but i guess it depend how serious u wanna get with ur sounds, if u wanna plug in and play active 10" woofer just to add a bit of bass then vibe would do well.
not everyone wants spl cars...i have taken into consideration u mention that it breaks alot but i know some ppl who are more than happy with vibe.

corb

25th Mar 03 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only put that bit at the end cos AustinPXX put at the end of a previous post, which he has since reading mine, deleted,

quote:
and dont say i dont know my stuff, i used to large scale DJ'ing, i know my sounds
shrews corsa

25th Mar 03 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well to be honest splx is all i have ever had so i cant really judge but swapping amps from splx to jbl has made it sound so much better
Richie

25th Mar 03 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only put there because the first response usually recieved corb is that we are little boys that dont know where 2 start, when it simply isnt the case. Guy who owns an ICE shop in cardiff has all vibe gear in his demo car.
LoudCorsa

27th Mar 03 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

splx is utter and unadulterated crap - why do u think it is the brandof choice down at north weild market - home of dodgy crap merchandies, they sell square subs, but blatently just rippped off kickers design without doing any of the testing, if you get any proper brand you will prolly achieve far better results.

chaz

www.woah.co.uk
drunkenfool

27th Mar 03 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a splX amp and it makes weird noises all the time (its grounded right too), when u lift the parcel shelf with it attached, it makes the sub hiss and crackle reallly loud. I got to get rid of it sometime, but at least i got bass in the meantime!
Richie

27th Mar 03 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drunkenfool, yes that sometimes happens if the RCA cables are slightly damaged. splX amps sell like mad around here, also the pro plus '800 watt max' 6x9's sell like crazy too. So many little boys who look at numbers and think oooooh.
bobothebear

28th Mar 03 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Austinpxx,
My local Motorworld seems to worship SPLX, They just don't seem to realise how pants they are.
They bigup the power ratings but don't know what they mean and that they actually Fart out about 30W which a good Head unit could do.
drunkenfool

29th Mar 03 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just redid all thw wiring today, took the seats ot and ran 4 rca cables under all the carpets etc, away from the power cable, and the 6x9 singal source is a brand new high quality cable, so im pretty sure its the amp thats buggered. My mate said he's gonna give me an 800 amp cos its just sittin around not being used, see if that helps!!
Richie

29th Mar 03 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be what happened to my bro's kenwood headunit on the preouts. They were wiggled about so much that when i took it apart the 2 points on the PCB where it was soldered to the joins had come loose, same has prob happened on ur amp.
drunkenfool

31st Mar 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess its worth a look. I think im gonna get the 800w one anyway as mine is only 300w, but if i fix i i guess i cud sell it for more then! Cheers for the advice
carl bear

1st Apr 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got 2 vibe 15" and 2 vp2 amps powering them. they are so loud. the bass quality is amazing. i havent gone for vibe mid range speakers as i heard they werent to good, so i have got a pair of pioneer 20cm and a pair of pioneer 25cm powered by a couple of pioneer amps for the high frequency's. sounds quality.

bear
TOMAS

1st Apr 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20cm & 25cm for HIGH FREQUENCIES?? Carl have you got youre measurements wrong or are you tone deaf? lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SPL???? 23 database queries in 0.0138850 seconds