corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Bought a new camera today.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bought a new camera today.....
harrisp

User status: Offline
24th Jul 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a cheap dslr camera today, only a 10d but very happy with it , I took a few pics on full auto, just learning to use manual setting (I say learning I now know how to turn flash off and change shutter speed. )

All on private land of course.

[Edited on 30-07-2010 by harrisp]
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad pics A tiny bit of photoshopping wouldn't hurt but otherwise nice work for a first try

I used to use fully manual mode but now I tend to use Aperture Priority (the A setting) as I kept finding it was taking ages to set a shot up right with it on full manual whereas the camera does half the work with it on semi-auto.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car from 1 side
harrisp

25th Jul 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Not bad pics A tiny bit of photoshopping wouldn't hurt but otherwise nice work for a first try

I used to use fully manual mode but now I tend to use Aperture Priority (the A setting) as I kept finding it was taking ages to set a shot up right with it on full manual whereas the camera does half the work with it on semi-auto.

Thanks, I have started using shutter priority and had a little play with that, BIIIG learning curve at the moment have just "bought" photoshop and had a quick attempt,

Not happy with it, reflections on the front bumper and windscreen but not bad to say I havent used photoshop in years.

Mark, Im guessing you dont like the airbrushing, well im sure you will be pleased to know the whole car is going white at the end of the year, with a crazy joker airbrushed up the side .

Another from today.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's quite different from your everyday point and shoot It took me a while to figure out what I was doing. It was ages before I figured out how to change the aperture, even after reading the manual

Nice 'shop Reflections are a cruel mistress It would probably be possible to remove the crane thing from the windscreen but then it might look odd.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
harrisp

26th Jul 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments, out of all the pictures I take there is very few I dont delete . next purchase will be a tripod though, and different lenses, I can see this getting expensive .
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's the thing with D-SLR's, once you pop you just can't stop

I don't delete pics tbh, even the bad/blurry/pointless ones. Unless it's my compact camera and it has been taking pics of the inside of my pocket again But that's just me The folder with all my D-SLR pics in is about 12GB or something, and I've only had the camera since Feb

Tripods are well worth it, I got mine from Argos and it's been spot on. I think it was about £20.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Neo

26th Jul 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It gets bad when you dont delete photo's

I'll do a printscreen of the size of my photos folder tonight, you might just cry dave

Harrisp, if your after a beginners tutorial to using manual mode etc

http://onlinewilk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2qcnbg
harrisp

27th Jul 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks neo, that tutorial looks really good, im just having a read through now.
harrisp

28th Jul 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morpheus22

29th Jul 10 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice and sharp
harrisp

29th Jul 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks it is the shot Im most happy with, even though it would be better if she didnt have a flea collar on, white stuff on her face and her nose was straighter .

Shot on aperture priority, not quite at full manual yet.
harrisp

30th Jul 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking at this again, it could do with being a bit brighter and that long piece of grass cloning out, but not bad straight off the camera.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Bought a new camera today..... 24 database queries in 0.0138938 seconds