corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » The new Xbox 360 250gb

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The new Xbox 360 250gb
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jul 10 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes m8 lolz, are you lolling at me now?
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these new ones readily available?
SetH

21st Jul 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Im my current 360 red ring piece's of death is that a hassle free way to transfer my HD contents to a new xbox?

Doesn't make sense at all

HDD Migration cables are only cheap if one isn't supplied if that's what you mean.

PMSL I wrote that whilst on the phone to a supplier you are right it makes fuck all sense

I just wanted to know how easy it was to transfer data from a 360 with a dead HDD to a new one.
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The HDD is dead or the 360? If the HDD is dead then you might struggle a bit. Otherwise, just clip it off and use a migration cable like I said.

Also, you can always just recover your account on the new machine. It won't keep your saves but all your online data will be retained, achievements, COD rank, etc. You could also just save any game saves to a usb stick to transfer them across.
Adam_B

21st Jul 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Are these new ones readily available?

yes.

I swapped mine over with the transfer cable, just plug it in and press go
dannymccann

21st Jul 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is this bollocks about BluRay that the PS3 fanbois go on about all the time. If you are that bothered about BluRay, and can afford the films (apart from you pikeys that download them) get a proper home theatre system. A console is for gaming, anything else takes away from it
John

21st Jul 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if all that was true, which it isn't, Blu-ray holds considerably more than a DVD, that's a big enough reason that the xbox should have had it from the start.
ssj_kakarot

21st Jul 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Even if all that was true, which it isn't, Blu-ray holds considerably more than a DVD, that's a big enough reason that the xbox should have had it from the start.

never got this tbh, are people that put off by having to put "disk 2" of the game in the machine after 8 hours odd playing the first disk?

bit of a none issue really, god i remember playing ff9 and the likes on the psone which was 4 disks and no one had whiny bitch fits about it.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at some of this shit! I didnt buy my ps3 for the blu ray, with games being an after thought. I sold my xbox and got one as I preferred the ps3. I think I'll buy one of these new ones because a few mates still have theirs and it'll be good to play them online again. I will still prefer my ps3 though!
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:

never got this tbh, are people that put off by having to put "disk 2" of the game in the machine after 8 hours odd playing the first disk?

bit of a none issue really, god i remember playing ff9 and the likes on the psone which was 4 disks and no one had whiny bitch fits about it.

Nobody cared that they didn't have wireless motion detecting control pads either! Times change. Although that is one of the smallest things anyone could moan about, people still do! It's a whingy kingdom we live in.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
What is this bollocks about BluRay that the PS3 fanbois go on about all the time. If you are that bothered about BluRay, and can afford the films (apart from you pikeys that download them) get a proper home theatre system. A console is for gaming, anything else takes away from it

Think you'll find the PS3 Blu-Ray player was getting better reviews then standalone players which cost more than the console did. Not a bad inclusion from Sony if you're willing to pay the extra £80-£100.

p.s. You wont get a better Blu-Ray player for the price difference between a 360 and PS3.

p.p.s Obviously the 360 is perfect so as you were.
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.p.p.s I went through three 360's before giving up and getting the PS3. Poor show.
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
p.p.p.s I went through three 360's before giving up and getting the PS3. Poor show.

Xbox is sensitive to dirty houses
dannymccann

21st Jul 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

M$ give you a new console for free though, I dont really see the issue. Yea its a bit annoying it has to go back , and the problem shouldnt be there in the first place but at least they are trying.

Also, I have no use for a bluray player, and for the forseeable future am not fussed about it, films look fine to me on a normal DVD at 720p on my 32" tv, so the extra cost of the player would be wasted money to me.
John

21st Jul 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DVD's don't come in 720p, if you can't notice the difference it probably isn't worth it.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

LOL
dannymccann

21st Jul 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
DVD's don't come in 720p, if you can't notice the difference it probably isn't worth it.

See how much I know about these ratio's

All I know is when the DVD combi TV upstairs and my DVD player in the lounge come on they always say 720p, must upscale or something?
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Aww did I upset you Brett? I take it all back xxx
MoesTavern

21st Jul 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Which would have made it ridiculously overpriced like the PS3 was at launch
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If you need to come into xbox threads to talk about PS3's then you've got it bad mate. No offence taken at all, you must have it bad
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

If you need to come into xbox threads to talk about PS3's then you've got it bad mate. No offence taken at all, you must have it bad

See my first post
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
See my first post

Fair play, your mate has taste
Nath

21st Jul 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, you should see his bird
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My PS3 HDMI socket has just died. So need to open it and resolder it before I can watch the fabled blu rays again. XBOX FTW
John

21st Jul 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:

Which would have made it ridiculously overpriced like the PS3 was at launch

Was cheaper than Blu-ray players and it cost the same as a 360 that could do the same so it wasn't really, thats an old argument though.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll