corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whos fitted a smooth boot panel by themselves???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whos fitted a smooth boot panel by themselves???
-Aliba-

User status: Offline
21st Mar 03 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for a wee bit of advice. Did yous have shave parts of it off to fit right??? The one i got (from the dude off ebay) is shaped as if it is suppose to be fitted before the rear window is fitted. Shall i just shave this part off or what. Any help, step by step would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing, i'm putting a OE gsi/sri spoiler on the tailgate, so do i smooth it into the panel (cut away part of the panel the filler) or shall i just clonk it over the top of it?????
DanielJ

21st Mar 03 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need 2 remove rear window if u got it off ebay guy thas y i sold my 1
-Aliba-

21st Mar 03 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers DanielJ, thinking about shaving the bit that would go under the window off, and just sliding it under the rubber seal whilst bonding on. What do ya think?
Icy

21st Mar 03 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drew did his himself
DanielJ

21st Mar 03 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an look at the mess it was in (only jkn m8)
Jafster

21st Mar 03 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

myn is basicly the same - i got it of scott from concept developments- did it all myself aswell -myn was shorter at the window lip- didnt go all the way up to rubber- so i cut an inch back down of it and used filler and built it up to make a lip under the rubber might sound bit dodgy -but thats all i could do with it cant tell but everyone knows about my car now -im probberly gonna get dissed
Jafster

21st Mar 03 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah il give ya a hint when you filll the pillers use glassfiber first then filler and make shure you go all the way up the pillers or it will crack within a few months

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whos fitted a smooth boot panel by themselves??? 22 database queries in 0.0115411 seconds