corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Air Filters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air Filters
AzzyAston

User status: Offline
   22nd Jun 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's allways been the argument weather an air filter makes ur car less eficiant with peterol yet i hear from others in enchances it, anybody want to tell me the truth with some reasoning
Pete_vxl

22nd Jun 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expect every answer in the book from people on here. I had a cone but put it back to air box as a drilled air box made a better noise. As for petrol neither made a difference, once you fit it you will drive faster so you can hear the difference, that will make your mpg worse.
AzzyAston

22nd Jun 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my reasoing to that it is all cycological in the sense that you put your foot down more to hear the noise as u says decreasing ur MPG.... anyone beg to differ
am4nf

22nd Jun 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Azzy you are trying too many big words and failing
AzzyAston

22nd Jun 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not failing it makes sense probably aint spelt right but F**k it ey haha
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on older cars where the fuel quantity was relevant to temperature, cone filters did makes mpg worse as the filters suffered with heat soak, and therefore warmer air was being brought into combustion.

based on the stoichemtric ratio of air to fuel, the cooler the air, the better the combustion is, hence why sometimes adding cone filters can decrease power.

i have always found that original airboxes but with less restrictive panel filters work better.
markx14xe

22nd Jun 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless its a turbo i would say really
N3CRO

22nd Jun 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on where ya put the cone filter tbh. If you use extra tubing to put it outta the way where it won't pick up warm air or at least not nearly as much, ok maybe it wouldn't increase power and wouldn't decrease neither.
Nic Barnes

22nd Jun 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my vectra driven exactly the same to work obeying all speed limits etc etc mine used to average about 28mpg. i now average 30-31 with airbox back on.

also when towing i used to get an average of 22mpg with filter, 26 on same journey on air box.

facts from my own vehicle. vectra 2.5 v6.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Air Filters 22 database queries in 0.0095270 seconds