corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My COD Black Ops thread

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My COD Black Ops thread
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The MP5 and the AK-47 look brilliant, can see a lot of people using them.
Tiesto

3rd Sep 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The trailer is being shown at half time in tonight's game on ITV1 if your interested.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vESH2Sk-84
dannymccann

4th Sep 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, all but 2 of the long list of links you posted back on pg8 are private so I cant see them?
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? I watched them all via them links yesterday
ashleh

4th Sep 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flame thrower...lmfao
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that flamethrower is just fucking lame..

mwg

5th Sep 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pre-ordered this bad boy after watching those videos

I want a Gatling gun
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Black Ops BETA will be internal

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262651
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Sep 10 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PC Information

quote:

After Call of Duty: World at War, we set out 3 goals for our next PC title:

1] PC gets every single game feature that the consoles get, but in a way that makes sense for PC.
2] PC gets even more features – the ones that PC gamers want like dedicated servers and more customization.
3] Keep it fun. Protect the integrity of the title through design and post-launch support.

Keep that in mind as you read through the decisions outlined below in our FAQ.
Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Multiplayer FAQ

Full feature support: Confirmed
Ranked Servers: earn XP and currency. Wager Servers: gamble your currency. Customizable Unranked Servers. Combat Training against practice dummies. Theater. Create-a-Class "2.0." Contracts. Emblem editor. Everything the consoles get. Implemented in a way that makes sense for PC (*cough* no lobbies *cough*).

PC Features: Confirmed
Dedicated Servers. New Server Browser. Dev console. /record. Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers. Map rotation. RCon. Kick & Ban. MOTD. In-game custom Server Banners. And more.

Mod Tools: Confirmed
We will release mod tools sometime post-launch. We need to finish the game first. Then we will make sure any urgent issues are handled. Then we will begin work on tools. The extent of the mod tools package will not be known until this time.

Global Persistent Stats, Profiles: Confirmed
Your profile data is stored on servers for you and is accessible from anywhere on the internet. Stats, XP, COD Points, configs, etc.

Leaderboards: Confirmed
Yes, leaderboards - globally persistent leaderboards (i.e. NOT per-server based).

Steam Exclusive: Confirmed
Millions of Call of Duty fans are already on Steam. Their Friends are on Steam. Steam will provide the ease of auto-updating instead of manual patching. Auto-updating will also help keep the community playing together on the latest version. The Steam cloud will make your profile and configs available to you on any computer.

VAC: Confirmed
We are serious about protecting the integrity of this game from hackers and cheaters who would otherwise ruin the fun for the honest players. Used in conjunction with our own anti-exploit measures, Theater reviews, trusted servers, and supplemented by server admins with kick and ban powers we believe that Valve Anti-Cheat will be an effective solution for Call of Duty: Black Ops PC. We are committed to working closely and diligently with Valve to deal with new threats as they appear.

No "Public Server Files": Confirmed
Many of these game features are predicated on having a trusted host or server. Otherwise these features would be wide-open to easy exploits and rampant cheating. Also, anti-cheat solutions can be significantly more effective on games that rely on trusted servers. We chose against “public server files” in favor of providing full feature support and protecting the integrity of this title. This doesn't mean you won't have customization or admin capabilities with your servers - because you will. This simply means we've partnered with an exclusive server provider.

GameServers.com Exclusive: Confirmed
We have partnered with GameServers.com as the exclusive provider of dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Every dedicated server for this title will be running on top quality hardware and infrastructure with excellent bandwidth. There will be a ton of official servers at launch for everyone to play on for free. If you want to run your own server you will be able to rent one at a great price (which will never go higher than $0.99/slot). They are actively adding new server locations and staffing up to meet global demand. If you don’t see your location you can suggest it here: http://www.gameservers.com/blackops/

Max Players: Not Confirmed
We have not yet finalized the maximum number of players in ranked or unranked servers. More playtesting is required to determine how high these numbers can go. This happens as late as possible in the project otherwise the game is likely to change in ways that could invalidate the results.

Minimum System Requirements: Not Confirmed
The game is still in development, and the PC team is hard at work making further optimizations. We will announce the min specs in the near future.
Baz-Zico

6th Sep 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you prestige, you will have access to new playlists where other prestige players are
BarnshaW

6th Sep 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the UK release date for this game?
Chrissy
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9th Nov iirc..

>>>> Chris <<<<

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, the release dates are always the same
Nath

6th Sep 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anywhere like Play or Amazon have a reputation for shipping these preordered games early? Only I CBA to scramble around my local supermarkets this time round and would rather it landed on my door mat instead.
JonnyJ

6th Sep 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Does anywhere like Play or Amazon have a reputation for shipping these preordered games early? Only I CBA to scramble around my local supermarkets this time round and would rather it landed on my door mat instead.

Order it from a supermarket online, they promise to get it to you the day it comes out and they usually do a crazy offer on it like they did with MW2 and FIFA (£25 or something IIRC) and you only pay what the price is when it ships to you.
BarnshaW

6th Sep 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as nath really, anywhere online where you can preorder and have it on your doorstep right away on the morn?
Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't Asda tend to send it out early?
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered WaW from Play and got it the day before
Chrissy
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got black ops from tesco entertainment with a 15% off code plus 8% quidco. And they guarantee to only charge the in store price when they send it. Looks like the code's expired now though

>>>> Chris <<<<

Baz-Zico

6th Sep 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had lots of games a week early from gameplay.co.uk, including mw2. Its ok to go online if you get it early as they said they wont punish players for getting the game early, as they can tell if its a genuine copy or not

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by Baz-Zico]
dannymccann

7th Sep 10 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best pre-order price anyone has seen, Ive been on HUKD and doesnt seem to be anything on there, release is only 2 months away now...

I dont mind ordering it and it turning up late as I will go to a supermarket at midnight and buy it on release for £25 anyway so Ive definitely got it and sell the other copy on when it arrives the when the price goes back up
mwg

7th Sep 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play always send things early. When I pre-order DVDs and Blu-rays from them they quite often turn up 2 or 3 days before the release date.
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://kotaku.com/5631536/gary-oldman-and-ed-harris-in-call-of-duty-black-ops

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the devs speaking about the HC game modes on the BO forums.

http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=271755&p=3243486&sid=dlo6su40opbpfkr8gaqduelnr7#p3243486

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll