corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Bay Cleaning Products

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Bay Cleaning Products
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   19th Mar 03 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone recommend any good products for cleaning up engine bays, cos seeing the show season is nearly here I want my engine bay to look great

Thankyou for your help and opinions!

JILL
Makarus

19th Mar 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yesterday when i went on a mission to clean my car I attempted the engine bay with my jet wash, got a fair bit of muck off. Then I took a soapy sponge to it and cleaned the underside of bonnet, all the ledges round the sides, every bit of engine that looked like it was safe to clean, and then jet washed it again, looks much nicer.

Spent 5 hours cleaning my car inside and out yesterday, well worth it, got so many comments last night how clean it looked compared to before..
d0gz_bollox

19th Mar 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cover the car in engine degreaser. let it melt away at your engine for 5 minutes then spray off with a hot water under pressure. That should get rid of alot of the grease. Then coat again and get the old toothbrush out.

Best to do on a warm day when the block isnt ice cold!!
Andy_S

19th Mar 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr muscle, loves the jobs you hate! ;D
MattyB

19th Mar 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve106GTi superbly recommended the use of Brasso!! I'm sure u've all heard of it, its a metal polish.

i went out just now, got some from Asda, and it really does do the business. U can get it in 2 forms, a liquid and like a cotton wool stuff! both are great, really do more than polish, they shift all the baked on crap that engine degreaser leaves behind, and then makes it shine too!

I mean, they r bout £1.80 each, but go for the liquid as i used up a whole tin of the other form doin my rocker cover alone!!

anyway yeah, thanks to steve, me engine is shiney as anything!

Matt

(oh, and its safe on chrome, alu, copper, anything!!)
dig dave2811

19th Mar 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt using a pressure washer on your engin mess anything up

New Poll