corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » f20 gearbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author f20 gearbox
vxr8

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aint got a clue about the best gearbox but is a f20 gearbox better than f28..as i say it may be simple to answer for you guys in the know, but i am not corsa aware and dont know the difference in spec.etc can you advise pls
its in a corsa c20let pushing approx 280 bhp so im told
thanx for advice
2ltrjim

12th May 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f28 is 6 speed
f20 is 5 speed
if thats any help
DAZ1985

12th May 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better with the f28 imo
Eck
Premium Member

13th May 10 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The F28 is stronger than the F20 iirc so it would be better off with a 280bhp Corsa! Besides, with that sort of power with so little weight, you'll be bouncing off the limiter in 5th in no time at all with a 5 speed.
Limecat
Banned

13th May 10 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The F28 is a Getrag box.

The F20 is very similar in terms of initial gear ratios, they aren't anywhere near as strong though but you can run 280 BHP through them (it is torque that kills them!) but it is luck of the draw.

If you have an F20 and are looking to go to F28 I have the mount available - brand spanking new, with the bolts. No more sodding timewasters though. ie. If you ask for my paypal address I expect payment within 30 minutes, not a ream of excuses like all the other cocks on here come out with.
vxr8

13th May 10 at 05:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you ever so much for the advice.
I am looking at this car on ebay . This is the one in question. I wondered if its a good deal, the lad selling it seems an alright bloke, , and as you guys are top notch people (better than those absolute toss bags on vxronline, i need your help please.
Item number
Item Id: 320529920500

I have been looking for a c20let for ages and the last time I found one, it looked like a go-er, then i became ill and hospitalised and the car became less important.
My remit is, (53 yr old youngster) I want a sleeper, very standard looking, needs all seats, and something that will upset the evo's, scoobies, m3's , yet retain reliabilty, and be able to .bumble along. at normal speeds, yet murder or at least suprise the oppostion when i need to do it.

thanks for a great website
I know as a old fart, i may look silly in a boy'd up corsa, thats why the standard look appeals also
wish i was 2oish again, ..although mentally I am
kind regards
J
Cole

13th May 10 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your still looking for one god j I thought you had givenup still got the vxr8
vxr8

13th May 10 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, still looking mate...been fooking ill and everything went tits up..now i am getting better and ready to go.
I got some wheels being put on in a few weeks time...wait for it........kawasaki green powder coated, going look the mutts i reckon..hope you are keeping well, 07717 532324 givus a bell anytime
J

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » f20 gearbox 22 database queries in 0.0134351 seconds