corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Old or New??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old or New??
--DAN--

User status: Offline
8th May 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have our house on the market at the moment and are looking at properties we are interested in. However, I love older houses but my Mrs prefers new and you do get more for your money with a newer house although nowhere near as well built.

Current House
Older house I like
Newer house Mrs Likes
Newer house Mrs Likes 2.

What would you go for? I love the new house aswell, just the older ones seem to have a bit of character about them.

[Edited on 08-05-2010 by --DAN--]

Cavey

8th May 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they can't build on the land beside newer house 1, i'd pick that personally, although would need a fair bit of decorating, the interior is hideous!

Older house did look nice though.
--DAN--

8th May 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If they can't build on the land beside newer house 1, i'd pick that personally, although would need a fair bit of decorating, the interior is hideous!

Older house did look nice though.

Deffo can't be built on, and agreed interior is shocking!
mantamark

8th May 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Older houses are better imo, bigger rooms, thicker walls, everything has settled so not as much chance of cracks appearing.

Old house ftw.
Colin

8th May 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like my new house for the fact its cheap & detached & has warranty & it pretty much a blank canvas to do as I like to...............however if I had the funds id buy a nice old style house with loads of land around it.

Would need to be detached though....couldnt go back to non detached house after having the luxury of no one joined onto us.
--DAN--

8th May 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I like my new house for the fact its cheap & detached & has warranty & it pretty much a blank canvas to do as I like to...............however if I had the funds id buy a nice old style house with loads of land around it.

Would need to be detached though....couldnt go back to non detached house after having the luxury of no one joined onto us.

The detatched thing is my only issue, love having no neighbours at the minute.

Colin

8th May 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In saying that the 2nd new build stands out most to me from what you've posted!!!

Only think thats pissing me off a bit about my new build is that the drives not long enough. M3's got a few scratches on the front of it since moving here!!

Not sure what we'll be buying next, probably wont be for 4-5yrs though unless we can turn around a quick profit on this.
Colin

8th May 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

The detatched thing is my only issue, love having no neighbours at the minute.

I just couldn't mate. even going around my parents house now I can hear every noise coming from next door, even someone pulling out a chair along their hardwood floor in the dining room next door makes me screw up my face & just think fuck that!!
dannymccann

8th May 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see we have a mid terrace new build (same age as yours Col) and you can only hear people when they are properly banging about. You cant hear talking, or the TV, or even anyone shouting (maybe they havent shouted at each other yet? )

The only problem with our mid-terrace is that the only access to the back garden is through the house But thats because weve got a nice big wood right on our doorstep

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Old or New?? 24 database queries in 0.0090442 seconds