corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » En-suites - mini ones that is! Shower question...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author En-suites - mini ones that is! Shower question...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   6th May 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, because of a lack of water pressure on the tank side in my house, my Dad and I are gunna convert basically what was my old built in cupboard into a little shower room for me, using an electric shower from the mains water supply so that 2 people can shower at once in the house as we all get up at the same time now and it's a bit of a fight to use water!! Plus we keep running out of hot water!

The cupboard is pretty small, measuring about 1150 x 950 but I'm not gunna let that put me off as it's only gunna be a shower room! Wetroom is out of the question due to this being a little DIY adventure!!

Getting water and electricity into there is no problem, my dad (working in the building industry!) can get all of the fixtures and fittings for cost price and we have some left over tiles from when we did the other bathroom

Basically, has anyone got a 700x700 quadrant shower at home? I've stood in many-a-760's which I think have plenty of room so 60 less CM's isn't going to cause much of an issue I THINK! But looking for peoples personal opinions...

Looking at one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/700-x-700-QUADRANT-SHOWER-ENCLOSURE-TRAY-/290430863101?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Shower_Units_PP&hash=item439f0746fd

Thinking then maybe I could get a little sink in there as well just for shaving/hand washing (lol) at?

Thoughts?

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by pow]
AndyKent

6th May 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I'd say the room is too small tbh. If you put a 750sq. shower if you'll not gain any useable space over putting in a 900 shower. A wet room would be 10 times more useable.

Don't suppose there's any chance of making the space any bigger?
Colin

6th May 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the one in our new house is a 700, the one in the flat was a 900......but I dont feel like this ones too small or anything. For the time your in there it does the job!!
pow
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a chance to grab about 4-5 inches from the cupboard next door but that turns it from an easy weekend job into a bigger job!

Colin, any pics?
Colin

7th May 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure this is a 700

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9371/DSC_0080.JPG
pow
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you don't feel that is too small?
Colin

7th May 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope its fine for a quick shower, never headbutted the wall or smashed any limbs for that matter either
pow
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And IIRC your not exactly a 5 foot 4 pencil pusher like me
a_j_mair

7th May 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would never put a shower in that is less than 800x800 tbh and even at that you cant get your elbows out.

are you planning a toilet and whb or just a shoer and nothing else?

Can you not increase the size of the cupboard slightly?
pow
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shower and small wash basin...
mattk

7th May 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most new build showers are tiny! you should be ok with a 700x700 if its only for a quick wash in a morning

Im thinking of putting a urinal in my bedroom, sick of walking to the loo for a piss at night
a_j_mair

7th May 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made into a proper on suite with shower wc and whb will increase the value and saleabilty alot more than just a cupboard with a shower and whb imo
pow
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres not enough room for a loo, plus I don't want a loo in my bedroom lol!

Thanks matt Might get that one off ebay! If it's too small I could always space it off the wall with some tiles!
bubble

7th May 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wet room tbh.

New Poll