corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » West Midlands » Big help needed with my car guys :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Big help needed with my car guys :(
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Apr 10 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well guys I'm having some real trouble with my car at the minute. I've managed to sort the idle problem on it which turned out to be an airleak on the powerbox. But now I've been able to run it properly I've unearthed even more problems

Basically there is a really loud tinny rattle coming from somewhere and the cambelt seems to be really loud, almost sounds like a diesel which is really not good. The engine ticks over and revs up fine, no heavy smoke etc. Me and my dad aren't 100% that the tinny noise is actually coming from the engine itself though. We've had the cam covers off and tried that but its not made any difference. The next stage it to take the exhaust off and try it without that. But it could turn out that the engine is a dud

Me and my dad have hit a brick wall with it in terms of our knowledge on the engine etc and I could really do with someone coming to have a look at it running for me so I can have a second opinion on what the problem could be. At the moment it won't be making PVS unless I find the problem and thats if its actually fixable

I'm embarrassed to post this video because it sounds shocking but I need all the help I can get if I have any hope of it making PVS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urvpPB-7zsY

If anyone is free on an evening this week and wouldn't mind popping down to look at it for me I'd really appreciate it. I'll cover all fuel costs etc

Thanks guys! x
FAZ
Premium Member

27th Apr 10 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im useless at engines, but if it helps, the exhaust note sounds nice

im sure / hope its something dead simple thats up with it
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Apr 10 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm literally praying its something simple mate. I really don't know what to think. Major kick in the nuts to be honest, been working on it for 6 months now to get it to pvs and now it might not even make it.

But yeah the exhaust is a slight plus side haha, sounds amazing
dan-sport

27th Apr 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just text you mate sorry its late haha
ali_corsa

28th Apr 10 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you drop and valves out of the head or not? i think its to do with timing and the valves ive heard something simlar to that before and the valve wasnt seated right with the collet in propley.
Tom B

28th Apr 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the timing checked mate, check there is no loose pulleys or no play in them
craig_s

3rd May 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like it may be the waterpump to me,when the bearings go the impeller will touch the block inside.
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
sounds like it may be the waterpump to me,when the bearings go the impeller will touch the block inside.

Sorted it now Craig it was the water pump. Replaced it yesterday and its fine now thank god!
craig_s

4th May 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad to hear that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » West Midlands » Big help needed with my car guys :( 23 database queries in 0.0088780 seconds