corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa V6,Vectra Supertouring & Vectra elte projects

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa V6,Vectra Supertouring & Vectra elte projects
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
25th Apr 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking spot on.Wheels will look amazing with the colour combo.

Are you sure the bonnet is gonna close tho,those plenums look pretty high up.

Also r.e the rear manifold....whats the problem with it not fitting?Catching on the steering rack??
Sandsy

25th Apr 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa_sport21 - im going to have to cut the bracing out of my bonnet so it clears and raise the back end up a tad,

also the rear manifold no standard v6 one will work, i tried using a cast one as i wa informed it would fit, but it didnt and hit the steering rack so im off to speckys on friday for him to customise a manifold for me
Corsa_Sport21

25th Apr 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think i remember asking you a while back what your plans were with the rear manifold and clearing the steering rack.
Ive never heard of the standard 1 fitting straight on,always been told they need to be either cut and welded so that the pipes are near enough pointing straight down if using standard,or custom made from scratch.
cjohnson

25th Apr 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking spot on mate!!! Can't wait to see it finished!
Sandsy

25th Apr 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Yeah i think i remember asking you a while back what your plans were with the rear manifold and clearing the steering rack.
Ive never heard of the standard 1 fitting straight on,always been told they need to be either cut and welded so that the pipes are near enough pointing straight down if using standard,or custom made from scratch.

what you was told was correct fella, i got told and had read a few threads that you could use the cast front manifold on the rear to miss the steering rack,
Adam-D

26th Apr 10 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you nail it wont the engine catch the front panel etc?
Sandsy

26th Apr 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who knows.....
Whittie

26th Apr 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey mate!

What happened to your old black one? With the cream leather? Was nice that.

New project is ace! Turned into a full on track looking shlag! Engine looks immense

Also that tigra is very low!
Sandsy

26th Apr 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whittie the black one was sold a few years ago now chap

new project will hopefully be good fun
mex

27th Apr 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very tight fit, love the fabrication on the exhaust, nice work pal

[Edited on 27-04-2010 by X18XEFUN]
Sandsy

27th Apr 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
Sandsy

17th May 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

rear brakes done
brake bias valve and internal brake lines done
seat mounts done (cheers browney)
cage getting ready to bolt in so door bars can be fitted then paint
manifold and downpipe done

all thats left to do is refit the manifold and down pipe,bleed brakes,wire everything in, fit drive shafts hubs and front brakes,paint cage and tax it all in time for pvs

UPDATE:

Well where to start , fenny had made a start on the wiring now , we'd got it to turn over but not fire, problem, no spark or fuel pump, after a little while of pulling wires about and checking some wiring i had done back when i stripped the interior, we decided to call onto a friend of fennys, but before he showed up today we set about fitting the nearside drive shaft,caliper,disc and wheel, also got on my 30mm anti roll bar and polybush's

So along came brett and ten minutes later the v6 barked into life with a ever so little backfire lol, turns out 3 wires wernt joined but neither me or fenny new this as its still not a common conversion, so with that done fenny set about soldering the last few wires and tidied the loom up between us , i can quite honestly say the v6 looks well at home now

few more bits to do , but i can faithfully say itt will be at pvs

heres some pictures

evo 6 recaros look quite at home

Gauges all wired in, ignore the pressure reading as it wasnt plugged onto the sensor lol

personally i think it looks quite mean

Fenny looking like he knows what hes upto lol

so that was todays effort

Update:

well me and fenny had a good day on it today, got a nice amount achieved although did come across a few problems but these shal be fixed asap,
first of all my nylion bush's showed up for my gear linkage, after id got these i went off to wilcos and bought

2 litres of gearbox oil
2 litres of power steering fluid
1 litre of dot 4 brake fluid(from total)
3 litres of pink anti freeze
a pair of 3mm spacers to solve the problem of my coilover hitting my wheel

So turned up to fennys and he had already begain cracking on with fitting the handbrake cable, ten minutes later that was done and the heat sheald was being refitted ready for fenny to start the exhaust fabricating,before that he fitted the drivers side driveshaft,disc and caliper

while he was doing that i started mounting the ecu behind my carbon fibre glove box blanking plate, out came the tech screws and insulation tape, then tidied the loom up a little more, put my fuel relays into there own relay box, and mounted that to the bulk head to,all was honky dorey fenny got the centre section done, then we thought we'd chuck some panels on and roll it outside for some nice pictures since it was sunny,

after this a few petty problems rose there head, 1. i hadnt done all the brake pipes up tight(doh) 2. one brake pipe flareleaked a good en which we found out while trying to bleed them up so i tightened the remaining brake piipes that i'd left lose and now have to wait for fenny to retrieve his flaring tool from gavs then that problem can be fixed to , also got to order some 2 1/4 springs for my front coilovers as they catch but apart from that a nice productive day And to make everything worth while to get it back in the shed, i drove it happy days

anyway time for some picture whoring lol

and thats that till tomorrow

[Edited on 17-05-2010 by Sandsy]
Sean-B

17th May 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome! Car looks sweet, will look at home on a track
Dale

17th May 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like this not sure on the yellow around the wheels but rest looks spot on
sri_baby

18th May 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wasnt sure about the yellow and blue engine bay but it looks really good keep up the good work
Jon_C
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome
cjohnson

18th May 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Minter!
Sandsy

19th May 10 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads
c18xewoody

19th May 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovin your wheels m8
Rybo

19th May 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really well done bud,not saying this in a bad way but are you intending to try level the ride height out a bit? would just finish it off..
am4nf

19th May 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought this was stolen?
Sandsy

19th May 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

quite a good one this, got my roll cage in and painted now, with thanks to mr fenn again,had to go and order some spacers as well so they turned up and now my front wheels are on without catching my coilovers best 20 quid ive spent lol,also got a few other bits fitted, i.e scuttle panel etc

got the powersteering pipes fitted today and what a complete and utter C**T the return was to do, took me a good hour or so without doubt, we had to join the front one which unfortunatly leaks abit but i will go buy a 10mm joiner tomorrow to sort that, on went the radiator and fan along with the rest of my radiator hoses, we filled it up with coolant and water mix and noticed a leak...duh id forgotton to put the rad switch in lmao,

so with that done, we decided i would now be able to drive around the yard, so we fired it up and heard a frantic knocking turned it off almost instantly, to cut a long story short after thinking it was the manifold knocking against the downpipe it turns out the power steering pully was lose, so we tightened that, right now ready for a test drive

so after driving round the containers twice, fenny sent me to another little bit of the yard, i put my toe down and was greated with the sound of lots of back firing ,Bollocks, after a quick phone call to specky it was one of two things, the timing or spark plug leads, so off came the cam cover as fenny thought he may of timed it up wrong , nope that was spot on so i check the leads another thing i had fitted and suprise 4 and 6 where the wrong way round lmao, junior error, fired it up again and idles lovely now and thats how it was left today

heres a few piccies

hopefully another productive day tomorrow
flybikeslee

19th May 10 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great work! the back going down a tad?
am4nf

19th May 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Thought this was stolen?
Sandsy

19th May 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the back will go down a tad yer, not had chance tbh, and am4nf rich j williams one was stolen

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa V6,Vectra Supertouring & Vectra elte projects 23 database queries in 0.1953940 seconds