corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v - - - Quiet back box??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v - - - Quiet back box??
MattyB

User status: Offline
11th Mar 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, just a quick query:

Basically i own a 1.2 8v, and i've got a sportex back box (before any1 says anything, i no they r cheap, but build quality seems great!).......its a twin square one.

Thing is, its relatively quiet..........well i say that, i mean it does give a nice roar when i accelerate through 2nd and 3dr, but not that loud. My BFO roars over the top most times........

I'm just wonderin, if i got a shop to install a straight thru pipe where my center box is, will it be any louder? I'd like to keep my CAT to prevent MOT hassles, but i'd try anything to get some more noise out of it. Basically:

*Would removal of center box AND/OR cat help?
*How much will a shop like powerflow charge to fit one? or the other? or both!
*i'm a dab hand with a spanner, so could i buy the replacement pipe and fit? or does this require welding!?

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! CHEERS IN ADVANCE!

Matt
rollin

11th Mar 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u aint removin the cat then u would have to cut the pipe just after and fit it from there, its prob best to just get someone to do it for you! Powerflow were i think and dont quote me chargin £50 for the pipe then prob bout £20 to fit, not alot of work, i was gonna get mine done at my local garage and he only wanted £25 but that was to weld a pipe in and cut out my silencer, ie no new str8 thru pipe, also yes it will give your car alot more noise m8
MattyB

11th Mar 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So ur suggesting get rid of just the center box yeah? and keep the cat?

Sounds ideal - i just want more noise!

Matt
rollin

11th Mar 03 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if uv just had an mot u could lose the cat as well but would need to replace it at mot time, removin the centre box would certainly aid in sound yes! my m8s 1ltr honestly burbles like a scooby thats wiv no cat as well

New Poll