corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day!
Tom G

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been training at the gym now for about 3 months now (weight training) and managed to lose close to 2st, But over the last two weeks i've been feeling really sick mid sesh.

I Have chicken and rice around 1 P.M. then a piece of fruit at around 3 and another around 5 then trainfrom 5.30/6.00 to 6.30/7.00, anyone suggest anything different to try before i go the gym or just a case of man the fuck up?
jay2907

3rd Feb 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get that sometime but its cos ive not had enough to eat before i start training i usualy go for an hour and half at least
Tom G

3rd Feb 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
i get that sometime but its cos ive not had enough to eat before i start training i usualy go for an hour and half at least

I'm on a 4 day split and it only has weight training machines in the gym, i go for a run some nights and walk to the gym if its not pissing down ( 3 mile round trip).

It just stops me doing extra sets and stuff, don't know if its because i rush it.
jay2907

3rd Feb 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i run before i do weights that also makes me feel sick so i do weights then run/bike/rowing at the end never bothers me then
Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you dont really eat anything for a good 4+ hrs before training?
Tom G

3rd Feb 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
so you dont really eat anything for a good 4+ hrs before training?

Erm i snack as i said like fruit but no not a meal, same thing goes if i have something right before the gym.
Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, Im not sure exactly what your goals are, but you should be eating a protein and carb source closer to your workout.

Have you changed anything in last 2 weeks - diet or workout?
jay2907

3rd Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you drinking plenty of water before and during training?
Tom G

3rd Feb 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
tbh, Im not sure exactly what your goals are, but you should be eating a protein and carb source closer to your workout.

Have you changed anything in last 2 weeks - diet or workout?

Not changed anything mate tbh.
I've Got a CNP pro MR shake so going to try having one of them around alf 3 4ish tomorrow and see if it's any better.

I'm just trying to lose some weight pal but by weight training.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by Tom G]
Tom G

3rd Feb 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
you drinking plenty of water before and during training?

I drink about 1.5 litres in work but mostly in the morning so might try drinking abit mre in the afternoon.
Tom G

4th Feb 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also tried DB Benching last night after Dizzy mentioned it a thread, feeling it alot more today compared to BB. 'Tis the way forward!
BarnshaW

4th Feb 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres alot of shit advice being given, what are you trying to do? build muscle?

firstly i would not have a massive break in the training? do the training for the hour with like 30 secs to a min between sets. Having a massive break will do you no good in terms of building muscle.

You will need to up your food intake, again it depends what you are trying to achieve, if your doing weights to put on muscle then you will need alot more protein then that in your daily diet. Eat a good sitting of protein at every meal.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day! 23 database queries in 0.0090821 seconds