corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED
A2H GO

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following on from my CDTI Astra thread, i went to view this yesterday:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1474438.htm

The car ws fine and i got a good discount so ended up driving it away. I looked at changing my insurance over last night to find out its the 8v 120bhp and not the 16v 150bhp as advertised.

Obviously there is very litte difference if any in the exterior, and the engines are very similar looking bar the oil cap being on the other side of the engine, therefore an easy mistake to make. On the other hand, the dealer must have known.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
Fro

3rd Feb 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How comes you didnt change the insurance or check that before then?

Also if the car is not what they advertised I dont think you have to keep it.
Dan.H

3rd Feb 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can return the vehicle if its not as advertised
DaveyLC

3rd Feb 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As its a dealer you have LOADS of rights.. Take it back.
Ojc

3rd Feb 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Print off that advert before it's taken off Pistonheads and take the car back ASAP.
whitter45

3rd Feb 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it back

false advertisement
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Screw that, take it back. Does look nice tho.
DaveyLC

3rd Feb 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and chances are they will probably offer you a discount as a 'gesture' and to prevent all the ballache of trying to sell it again wtih the extra owner (who only had the car a few days), if you really like the car haggle for a heavy discount.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called greenlight(my current insurance) to change it over while i was at the garage so i could drive it back, i gave them the numberplate and they asked me what car it was, so i said Astra CDTI 150bhp and they didnt question it or correct me. It wasnt till i got home to get some more quotes(as greenlight were no longer competitive) that it came up on the database as a 120. I was like

Ive have a printout of the advert, if you notice he has two on pistone heads, a silver one aswell and the title of the silver one just says 2007 Astra CDTi, no mention of number of valves or BHP, i think hes put the title on the wrong one and the other is the 150bhp. He will have known though as i emailed him last night about it and the title was the title of the PH advert clearly stating 150bhp 16v.

It was a 5 hour round trip for me to collect it, what a ball ache having to take it back. Its a really lovely car too and drives a dream, just no chance of remaping it to 200bhp, will be 150 if im lucky. Plus the book price is £500 less for the 120bhp.
Ojc

3rd Feb 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the 120 engine isn't anywhere near as good as the 150, mate take it back or you will be forever kicking yourself.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be reasonable to ask for him to arrange for someone to come and collect it as he advertised it incorectly? I aso paid £82.50 to tax it, £25 to change the insurance over and £40 in fuel getting there and back.
Ojc

3rd Feb 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask away
a_j_mair

3rd Feb 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop asking questions on here get on the phone and kick up a stink, tell them you are not happy as not as advertised and that you will be tqaking it back tomorrow or friday for a full refund and taking the tax disk

If you like the car you could ask for a considerable reund and keep it

Id take it back and lesson learned
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've called him, he said when he put the reg in on Autotrader it automatically came up with all the details i.e 150bhp. I said i saw the advert on PH so this is BS. He said he's on his way into work now, he will check the paper work and call me back.

Chris x

3rd Feb 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure you will get it sorted. Not as if they can get out of it.

Just lucky you didnt buy it privately!
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Im sure you will get it sorted. Not as if they can get out of it.

Just lucky you didnt buy it privately!

True buddy, i dont admit to be an expert when it comes to the different variations of the same car so like to pay a bit extra from a dealer for the peace of mind, shame this time it didnt seem to pay off.
Ojc

3rd Feb 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT WILL PAY OFF, go into it with that attitude and the dealer will walk all over you
Tom

3rd Feb 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gets some nuts. It's his mistake not yours, remind him of that ALOT.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Gets some nuts. It's his mistake not yours, remind him of that ALOT.

Trouble is, i find when you get funny with them, they get arsey with you and tend not to be a coopertative.
noshua

3rd Feb 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be a push over! There's no need to be arsey, just keep complaining, telling them how much of a ballache etc.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they've got any kind of reputation to keep then I'm sure they'll make some kind of offer. Had a similar situation in the past myself and they swapped the car for me and gave me a newer one that was advertised for a higher price than the one I purchased. I'd be reasonable at first, no need to start kicking and screaming until you've heard what they have to say.
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
If they've got any kind of reputation to keep then I'm sure they'll make some kind of offer. Had a similar situation in the past myself and they swapped the car for me and gave me a newer one that was advertised for a higher price than the one I purchased. I'd be reasonable at first, no need to start kicking and screaming until you've heard what they have to say.

I would be over the moon if they offered to swop it for this other one they also have in, cant see it though:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1474490.htm
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The swap I got was up for £1k more. Depends on how much they got them in for tbh.

EDIT: Mine was a funny case where I'd bought the car, had it a week, contacted Citroen then found out hidden facts about the car, like the fact the mileage had been clocked, etc.

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by loafofbrett]
A2H GO

3rd Feb 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:

He says hes sent the log book off and now the car will hav two owners and therefore depreciated £250-£300 plus he says hes paid £250 to put 3 months warrenty on the car, he says he will take it back but i would have to cover these costs. I explained this is not my mistake, to which he agreed but said it wasnt his either, we both didnt spot it, he said he had no idea it was a 120bhp as there is no mention on the log book etc and it came up as a 150bhp on Auto trader when he put the plate in.

atz_49

3rd Feb 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
UPDATE:

He says hes sent the log book off and now the car will hav two owners and therefore depreciated £250-£300 plus he says hes paid £250 to put 3 months warrenty on the car, he says he will take it back but i would have to cover these costs. I explained this is not my mistake, to which he agreed but said it wasnt his either, we both didnt spot it, he said he had no idea it was a 120bhp as there is no mention on the log book etc and it came up as a 150bhp on Auto trader when he put the plate in.

All totally irrelevant. You were sold something that wasn't as described. He advertised it as a 150, but it wasn't. He can't use the 'honest mistake guv' tact. Honest mistake or not, it's his responsibility. He shouldn’t rely on autotrader to work out what model he’s selling.

You’re perfectly within your rights to take the car back and demand a full refund.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED 22 database queries in 0.0192051 seconds