corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Please read this post!!! Thanks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please read this post!!! Thanks
mestonian

User status: Offline
   9th Mar 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

Ok, compared to your usual posts this is probably a pretty weird one.

Well, im 16, about to turn 17, and im looking to buy my first motor, hopefully a 1.2 or 1.4 corsa, not modded, just alloys & exhaust, thats about it.

At the moment im working as a web designer for a lead marketing agency in leeds, i got the job as soon as i left school over 165 university graduates, as im told im exceptionally creative and talented, and i also have an exceptional knowledge of web design & IT technologies.

With my keen interest in both cars and IT, Im hoping to propose an offer you cant refuse.

Im looking to make enough cash to buy my car, so i only have to worry about insurance, running, tax n MOT etc. Therefore, im offering rock bottom web design services to anyone who is interested.

Im hoping to start a part time home based web design service, therefore i need to build up a decent portfolio, my work place have told me even though i designed & produced the work, i cant use it as portfolio material as its copyright to them.

If anyone is interested in the above or knows anyone who might be i would be very happy to hear from you, this is no scam or anything, im just a 16 year old lad looking to make a few quid to get my first motor.

And my design skills are of exceptional quality, none of this poor quality website stuff going on, if anyone was interested i could produce some .JPEG visuals of how your site could look totally free of charge.

Any comments on the above are much appreciated too,

Cheers for your time guys,
DanielJ

9th Mar 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ud struggle m8 as most of us r clued up bout pcs
mestonian

9th Mar 03 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i see what you mean mate, but clued up, and knowing HTML, DHTML, Java, Javascript, ASP, PHP and Perl coding is a little different wouldnt you say?
DanielJ

9th Mar 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh m8 but u dont understand most of the lads on here work in IT so know a fair bit bout pcs and web design
Trotty

9th Mar 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
========
CorsaSport Moderator
South West Organiser
Click here to e-mail me
Click here to sign up for Premium Membership

========
mestonian

9th Mar 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok no worries, well as i say, if anyone did want professional web design at low prices i would be quite happy to help.

You can email me at simonmeston@hotmail.com
Matt Ings

9th Mar 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8 cant u afford 1 if u got a good job anyways?
mestonian

9th Mar 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Matt, yeh i knew someone would comment on that one. I think one of the reasons i was chosen over the other 165 applicants, wasnt just because im talented, but also cos i was cheaper. The salary really doesnt reflect the responsibility i have at work. Also my 12 month contract runs out in june, and i have to use this months wage, and aprils, because im going on holiday to tenerife in april. Which leaves me with not much, make sense? lol
digitalbanana

9th May 03 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

matt is rite...as a web designer u would be rolling in it. ive done a bit of web design, but dont wanna go into it although pay is good. even at 16 and if ur talented u should be getting at least 10-15 p/h most designers in companies can command salaries as high as £40 p/h and definately above! freelance u can get 100 to 500 p/h...man u could buy a friggin new mini or something after a yr!
viera

10th May 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Constructive critisism is all fair and good, but you shouldn't have to explain why he he gets paid what he does. If he could be earning more, im sure he would be, if he is willing to show examples of what his work will look like without cost, where is the harm in that.

Good luck to you mate, trying to make a go of yourself. Nothing wrong with that at all. We need more with that attitude IMO. But they are right though, it will be tough, but that goes for all people trying to make a go of their own business.

Oh and we don't all know how to create impressive websites..........

V

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Please read this post!!! Thanks 22 database queries in 0.0291331 seconds