corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » ROLLING ROAD DAY FIFE CONVOY

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ROLLING ROAD DAY FIFE CONVOY
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jan 10 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Eck is yours still running the standard bore exhaust and cat??

Aye mate I need to get that changed. Going to get Chizfab to make one up over the next few weeks. Been spending all my money on things like Carbs, tb's, and stand alone management recently
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I'll be taking a shit load of pics and a video of atleast 1 of everybodies runs if I can, remember to bring cash for food...they provide refreshments but not proper food, but I've been told there's a butty van around the corner or somewhere. I might actually stop off at the little theif on the way up as I pass one just before stirling.

Hypertech is just over a wee bridge, and take a right, and go into the industrial estate. The burger van is on that right hand corner and is actually quite nice. I may put my arch on for this, may not though But I'll be taking it to the local drug dealers for a quick clean on Saturday! If it's running
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck yeah, burger vans rock...that's me sorted I'm going in work saturday to clean it before sunday, getting new stuff I got today fitted tommorow aswell. Woop
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace If it wasn't for the gearbox mount bolts breaking, and the AFM dying, I would of had my carbs fitted for this Ah well. It's actually handy as I'll then have a bench mark to work from. I hope to hell I have enough time to get the cat removed, otherwise I'll make 130bhp at most Either way with the Sport exhaust I'm looking at 140 tops anyway
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, as you'll have it sorted for the next RR day so you can compare. hope the weather holds out.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. By then I'll either have the bike carbs, or bike tb's and management fitted!
Corsa_Sport21

14th Jan 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Eck is yours still running the standard bore exhaust and cat??

Aye mate I need to get that changed. Going to get Chizfab to make one up over the next few weeks. Been spending all my money on things like Carbs, tb's, and stand alone management recently

Seriously??That must be 1 quick engine youve got if it pisses on CTR's etc.Especially with a smaller than factory exhaust bore size AND cat.

Mine with the standard 1400 exhaust and cat was poor.The standard bore is 2",anything under that suffocates the engine and really holds them back.

I changed mine for a 2.25" system with over-sized 4 branch and de-cat and it gave me a fright.Went how it should have in the 1st place,i just didnt expect it to make as big a difference as it did.

Even just with the cat removed makes a massive difference to them.Get it done Alex,get it done.

I'll be surprised if yours makes factory figs tbh.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it'll make factory figures either. It is actually a damn quick one, as my mates B18 CRX that has at LEAST 30bhp more only starts pulling away slowly by the end of third. I think the F16 helps it as it batters through the gears silly quick. Aye I'll be getting a 2.25" as well. Manifold back straight pipe I think LOUD!
Jordan C

14th Jan 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If mine makes 150 bhp il be happy!
Corsa_Sport21

14th Jan 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye they dont hang about through the gears like.Even on an F20(which has the same ratios as an F16)they are in the redline b4 you know it.
Only Honda i really had consitent blasts with was Marc Craigie in his old DC2.Used to pump him good and proper from any speeds,off the line etc.

Loud isnt the word for that system youve got in mind.lol.Itl sound like a wasp in a tin can.

Actually i passed you the other day in Methil.Up at the Co-op.Was in the GFs Ka.Gave you a flash and a tap o the brake lights.Come to think of it,your car sounds pretty quiet eh.Mine was the same.Didnt have that Valver twang till the exhaust was changed.
Pete_vxl

14th Jan 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope to christ i get 200+, if not we have a problem. Duno if im going to have time to wash it either....
Jordan C

14th Jan 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha least ur bigest problem is washing it! mine is littered with stone chips and on its winter wheels!
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck, don't have to tell me about stone chips, this weather has batterd my car. The bonnet is bad, needs a respray.
Pete_vxl

14th Jan 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your stone chips and i raise you a rust patch at the bottom of my drivers door.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woah there, you beat me
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aye they dont hang about through the gears like.Even on an F20(which has the same ratios as an F16)they are in the redline b4 you know it.
Only Honda i really had consitent blasts with was Marc Craigie in his old DC2.Used to pump him good and proper from any speeds,off the line etc.

Loud isnt the word for that system youve got in mind.lol.Itl sound like a wasp in a tin can.

Actually i passed you the other day in Methil.Up at the Co-op.Was in the GFs Ka.Gave you a flash and a tap o the brake lights.Come to think of it,your car sounds pretty quiet eh.Mine was the same.Didnt have that Valver twang till the exhaust was changed.

Ah sorry mate, never knew that was you! I'll know next time Aye it's really quiet. Which is very strange as this very exhaust was loud as fuck on the 1.4 with the Mantzel. Was raspy as feck once it got into the (very small) power band. Aye I know it'll be silly loud, so might get a silencer put on it, maybe haha It's a sorry state the now, especially with the arch off. Just cba going out to put it on Half expecting it to be uplifted one day by Cubie because he goes past it all the time and hates it apparently
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jan 10 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
I see your stone chips and i raise you a rust patch at the bottom of my drivers door.

Rust on front wings, bonnet dented, one mudflap has fallen off, bumper is broken on one side after exterminating a deer, and the arch is off and in its place is tiger seal and rust....
Jordan C

15th Jan 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl

Rust on front wings, bonnet dented, one mudflap has fallen off, bumper is broken on one side after exterminating a deer, and the arch is off and in its place is tiger seal and rust....

Im out iv got winter wheels , stonechips and a bit of paint missing off my bumper
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My one might not be there at all Fitted the new AFM and it's still cutting out so going to have to check it Tomorrow. I'll clean/replace the ICV and if it's not that, I'm out of the RR day
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You penis Eck, if you can't put the Corsa on what will you do, just turn up with your brother? a mate might be coming with me in his turbo 306 so if you drop out he can take your place.
big eck

15th Jan 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wanna stop at the kincardine services and follow us it aint a problem.

Theres 2 ways into it and one of them is over speed bumps which I wont be goin lol
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You penis Eck, if you can't put the Corsa on what will you do, just turn up with your brother? a mate might be coming with me in his turbo 306 so if you drop out he can take your place.

Chances are it is the ICV. I'll take off the throttle body and ICV and give them a clean Tomorrow. If that doesn't cure it I'll get a new ICV, if it isn't that I'm torching it for insurance money.

Edit: Aye, I'll end up going with my brother.

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by Eck]
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound matey, I hope you fix it though.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weddy's coming along Tomorrow and we're going to swap bits over til it works Then I'm getting to borrow whatever bit it is for the RR! Thanks mate
Corsa_Sport21

15th Jan 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you getting any fault codes coming up Eck??Is the EML on??Is it wired up??

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » ROLLING ROAD DAY FIFE CONVOY 23 database queries in 0.1045041 seconds