corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help - Computer people

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help - Computer people
Chris Gray

User status: Offline
   7th Mar 03 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a laptop Compaq Armanda

Ive done a Format c: instead of a format s: now it wont see the drivers etc

Where can i get a recovery disc etc for it ????

Cheers Lads
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 03 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot windows is it running?
Tim
Site Administrator

7th Mar 03 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Um, what is format s: when it's at home?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 03 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the format of the s drive wotever its mapped to
Tim
Site Administrator

7th Mar 03 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but who has a drive mapped as S?
Black__306

7th Mar 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi chris i believe you should have got a recovery disk with the laptop. check the box you got it in, is it a fairly new laptop. If it is, then it should be there.

The recovery disc should have the drivers as well.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 03 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who knows
Tim
Site Administrator

7th Mar 03 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you did a full format, it's gonna be very difficult to recover. I.e. If it took like 10 mins to do it, it will have actually gone through your drive and reset all the headers to zero. If this is the case, something like R-Studio may be able to reconstruct the file structure and enable you to recover your work before a reinstall.

If you did a format /q, then it only wipes the main FAT. An unformat, or again, R-Studio can easily recover the drive.
Chris Gray

7th Mar 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It took about 15 minutes to do one it, Cant remember what the geezer said format s: was but i would have thought it would have been format system. It cant see the drives to boot from !!!! Waz its not a new laptop
Black__306

7th Mar 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
It took about 15 minutes to do one it, Cant remember what the geezer said format s: was but i would have thought it would have been format system. It cant see the drives to boot from !!!! Waz its not a new laptop

Nah sorry mate there is a recovery disk for it but thats only for recovering the operating system like incase the computer just packs up. You want something that will recover your work on your c drive though dont you?
Hmm i dont know really...hope some one here can help though.
Tim
Site Administrator

7th Mar 03 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want a program called R-Studio. But you'd need to take the drive out and put it in another machine, which is more difficult as laptop hdd connectors aren't standard....
IntaCepta

7th Mar 03 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe he meant
format c: /s

i think /s mite be for a switch of somesort?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help - Computer people 22 database queries in 0.0139990 seconds