corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » BT Vision

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT Vision
Colin

User status: Offline
5th Jan 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got this?

Any good at all?

I think its basically a freeview box you can pause, record etc & then you can add like music & video on demand packages.

Ive still to sort telly/phone/BB for the house & im too tight to pay for sky!
Edd

5th Jan 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont be cheap as you will regret it
Cosmo

5th Jan 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky isnt a bad price if you include the phone and internet with it I dont think.
mwg

5th Jan 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite got it yet. Dad has ordered it or signed up to it and cancelling Sky.

He was paying £76 a month for all the Sky packs plus Sky Sports pack, internet and phone line. Reckons he is getting basically the same channels, Sky Sports, ESPN, phone and internet for £49 a month with BT Vision.

Only signed up to it yesterday so its not arrived yet. Cant tell you much more but appears to be cheaper than Sky and offer most of the stuff they do.
Colin

5th Jan 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the connection charges im mostly against, £30 to install, £45 for box, £49 for line installation. BT fis the lot for feck all!!
Colin

5th Jan 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont really want a big ugly sat dish on the front of the house either

[Edited on 05-01-2010 by Colin]
Edd

5th Jan 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Dont really want a big ugly sat dish on the front of the house either

[Edited on 05-01-2010 by Colin]

in what direction does the front of your house face?
mwg

5th Jan 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to admit till my Dad has it installed at his house I am a bit sceptical about it as dont know anyone with it. If it were me I'd just stick with Sky.

They actually rang him up and talked him in to it. Cant be doing with that sort of thing myself
Jay

5th Jan 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just the same as freeview, my mum likes it, but she rang up kicking off when she first got it saying "take it out I dont like it, its just basically freeview", and they put it down to barely a payment each month!
Dom

5th Jan 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you didn't mind a dish i would say opt for Freesat, they do PVR boxes for them now and it's all just a one off fee.

But yes, the BT Vision box is basically a freeview box but with the add On-demand feature (similar to what Virgin offer but no way near the amount of programes). Friend of mine had it and although it works well, i wouldn't pay for it especially not if you're in a Virgin area.
nathy_87

6th Jan 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Colin I've got BT Vision. Works exaclty like freeview but as you said you can pause, re-wind, fast-Forward, etc. And you can request Films for £6.

Edit; In fact i got it with my (wireless) BB, and telephone line. Was quite cheap too. I'd recommend it tbh, had it jsut over a year now had no problems with it.

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
dan_m1les

6th Jan 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if you want to be able to pause rewind live tv etc, just buy a freeview plus box? I got a brand new one for about £50.00 of eBay about 2 years ago!
Cavey

6th Jan 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i'd go with Sky+ but saying that if you're working away a lot, there's not really that much point in spending £50 a month on it.

They do have free 20mb internet for 6 months at the moment tho, usually £10 a month, that's £79 installation fee, not sure whether that's still got to be on a BT line, which obviously costs more, or whether you can pay £35 (iirc) extra for them to get a line sorted?
C2RL R

6th Jan 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have gone right off BT for anything. when i get round to it my BT phone and BB will be getting changed to Virgin. i'll keep Sky for my TV though because the Virgin HD package is shite.
James_DT

6th Jan 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have BT Vision, it's good as a freeview recorder and the on demand is great.
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a baws package. The amount of people that complain about it is unreal I assume you have a BT Home Hub also? As without it you can't get Vision. As said, as a Freeview Recorder it'll be good, but other than that, nae! And the fact you (not sure if you still do but used to!) have to take out another contract on the BB to get it puts off a LOT of people.
nathy_87

7th Jan 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I've got one of them home hub thingy majiggys. All in one now iirc Eck, BT Vision, BB, etc
taylorboosh

7th Jan 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly i can tell you the whole crack with vision as i work selling it...

kids pack - is ok tbh has programs like spongebob hannah montana etc on demand, if you have sky they are all old episodes though

sports - mostly classic archive sports such as 1998 ryder cup etc, ypu get 242 prem league games a season but the dont play till 10 pm night of the game

picture box - 28 old films and 7 get updated weekly, and by old i mean old

music - pretty good actually 100s of on demand videos etc

tv replay - basicly iplayer for 1-5

tv pack - basicly old sky shows such as 24 series 1 etc

espn - ace because its 9.99 for a whole year

all in all you can get all of above with a free hd ready recording box for 19.99 a month

3 packs plus replay and tv for 17.99

2 packs plus replay and tv for 14.99

all above box is free and you get 7.49 discount for 3 months, of course as said add a 1 off 9.99 for espn

or you can pay 15 for the box and get

tv 6.99
kids 6.99
music 6.99
sport 4.99
movie 4.99

all of above can also add the espn on

its a 12 month contract and dont worry you will get a free hub if you dont have 1, you need to be in freeview area and have channel 5 for espn, you need min 2 meg line speed also. bt vision does not affect your monthly downloads or the internet whilst on.

i WOULD have it, but i wouldnt cancel sky for it, its ace value for money which is how its pitched....

mwg tell your dad its fuck all like sky as in essance you only get espn as a channel apart from free view, he wont get sky sports ect... he has most likely been missold
taylorboosh

7th Jan 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or he just dident listen properly on the dog n bone
taylorboosh

8th Jan 10 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
If you didn't mind a dish i would say opt for Freesat, they do PVR boxes for them now and it's all just a one off fee.

But yes, the BT Vision box is basically a freeview box but with the add On-demand feature (similar to what Virgin offer but no way near the amount of programes). Friend of mine had it and although it works well, i wouldn't pay for it especially not if you're in a Virgin area.

bt vision has almost twice the amount of on demand virgin do, so your wrong
mwg

8th Jan 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
firstly i can tell you the whole crack with vision as i work selling it...

kids pack - is ok tbh has programs like spongebob hannah montana etc on demand, if you have sky they are all old episodes though

sports - mostly classic archive sports such as 1998 ryder cup etc, ypu get 242 prem league games a season but the dont play till 10 pm night of the game

picture box - 28 old films and 7 get updated weekly, and by old i mean old

music - pretty good actually 100s of on demand videos etc

tv replay - basicly iplayer for 1-5

tv pack - basicly old sky shows such as 24 series 1 etc

espn - ace because its 9.99 for a whole year

all in all you can get all of above with a free hd ready recording box for 19.99 a month

3 packs plus replay and tv for 17.99

2 packs plus replay and tv for 14.99

all above box is free and you get 7.49 discount for 3 months, of course as said add a 1 off 9.99 for espn

or you can pay 15 for the box and get

tv 6.99
kids 6.99
music 6.99
sport 4.99
movie 4.99

all of above can also add the espn on

its a 12 month contract and dont worry you will get a free hub if you dont have 1, you need to be in freeview area and have channel 5 for espn, you need min 2 meg line speed also. bt vision does not affect your monthly downloads or the internet whilst on.

i WOULD have it, but i wouldnt cancel sky for it, its ace value for money which is how its pitched....

mwg tell your dad its fuck all like sky as in essance you only get espn as a channel apart from free view, he wont get sky sports ect... he has most likely been missold

Thanks for that. It sounds nothing like what he wants. He thinks he is getting Sky Sports

It turns out he hasn't actually commited to it yet, they were going to ring back in a few days so its not too late to tell them to sling it. Thankfully!
taylorboosh

8th Jan 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the problem is, when some 1 says you can have sports, people assume sky sports. its good if its what you want but i believe your dad is expecting something its not. the beauty is you have a ten day cancellation anyway
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to sell it myself. And that's exactly what people did, mis sold on Sport. They'd tell customers they'll get to see Man Utd vs Chelsea etc...Which they would, as highlights. ESPN is the only proper channel (apart from freeview) but people think they are getting a sky package. I personally think it's utter utter wank, but each to their own.
Carl

9th Jan 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin get a vox box, then just get the lowest virgin broadband and hook it up. THere are illegal as it picks the signal up from europe but you get EVERY channel free. ALl my amtes have them. Every so oft you have to update the codes but that is it. THink they are about 150 quid off ebay etc and then you are away. Apaarently you can get them that record and save like sky+ now too.
taylorboosh

9th Jan 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I used to sell it myself. And that's exactly what people did, mis sold on Sport. They'd tell customers they'll get to see Man Utd vs Chelsea etc...Which they would, as highlights. ESPN is the only proper channel (apart from freeview) but people think they are getting a sky package. I personally think it's utter utter wank, but each to their own.

also the re-contract is easy to get around just say it like this

"please note your bt broadband would also be re-contracted for a further 12 months, that just means to run along side" most people dont care

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll