corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa D SXi 1.2 Lowering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D SXi 1.2 Lowering
c0rsasxi

User status: Offline
1st Jan 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone! I'm new here so just thought that I would say Hi and jump right in with my first issue!

I am looking to lower my SXi. I want it to be around 40mm front and back. I have it on good understanding that this is not just a case of sticking some new springs on it!? I have to replace the dampers as well. The issue that I am havin is that I can find hundreds of different brands of spring that claim to lower my SXi to where I want, but I cannot find ANY dampers to go with it...any help on this would be appreciated!

Later
steel

1st Jan 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a quick look on this website finds these

http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=8715&manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension
Joe-90

1st Jan 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the cars that I have lowered (the Nova & Astra) didn't require new shocks. It is possible to lower the car without changing the shocks, however it DOES shorten their lives and it shouldn't be seen as a perminant solution.

To be honest yes there are millions of kits out there. I have Jamex springs on the Astra (purchased brand new from eBay for £51 delivered!) and I had an Apex kit on the Nova, both of which I was happy with. I would use eBay to have a good look around as full kits are usually easy to come by. As this is a Corsa B then its popular to lower so a Kit will be easy to find.

New Poll