corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa 1.6 16v project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.6 16v project
K!ZZ@

User status: Offline
31st Dec 09 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi im new to all this project stuff and i havent got alot of money so progress will be slow but here we go. this is what the car looked like when i bought it off (holmesgsi) i needed a car for work and other things and had just lost mine in an accident (not my fault) managed to get it for 200 with 3 months tax and test. its off the road as of the 01/01/10 so thats why im starting one now

[Edited on 01-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]

[Edited on 09-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]
K!ZZ@

31st Dec 09 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are some pics of when i got it home, he had the lights and bumper for it, also found it needed another gearbox but i had 1 off my last car which was handy

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by K!ZZ@]
K!ZZ@

31st Dec 09 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once i had had the car for a while i thought it would be a good base to work off as a project the car had only covered 57k, but i wouldnt be starting anything big until the new year so i bought wheels, brake disks and a bit of sound system to intall once complete

sound system am hoping to get a full kenwood sysem eventually.

1 or 2 other thing, i do have more stuff but it would be silly posting it all.

[Edited on 01-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]
K!ZZ@

1st Jan 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have now stripped almost everything out of the car and am in the process of creating a rear disc conversion, should have the parts that i need on the 2/01/10. i can get the plates that i need done at work so its not goin to be expensive, about 30-40 i would of thought all in if i find a donor with decent discs and pads but beggers cant be choosers if i needs discs and pads there only bout 35 deliverd to the door so not too bad. the car i need them off will be a mk3 astra gsi or a cav sri.
K!ZZ@

2nd Jan 10 at 03:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im hopefully goin to get almost all i need to do the conversion on my rear brakes today, hope it all goes well will upload pics of the progress soon.
GregGsi
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old wing lol looking ok now

BHP vaux
K!ZZ@

4th Jan 10 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did holmesgsi get it off you? and a quick update on the parts side of things i have now orderd:
front strut brace
front calipers
electric window switches
boot poper switch
boot poper
and i picked up a mint rear strut brace today, also picked up my 60mm suspension. goin to referb the suspension and get it shot blasted at work. also getting rear talegate with spoiler next weekend so i dont have to mess around mounting 1 myself and a saxo vts spoiler to mount ontop also off the same guy a rear disc assembly with groved discs will upload more pics of the rear end stripping proccess and the parts i have goten when i get a chance
GregGsi
Premium Member

4th Jan 10 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes he did pal if you need bits let me no ye

BHP vaux
holmesgsi

5th Jan 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good cant wait to see it done
K!ZZ@

6th Jan 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy will uploading more pics later on today after i get back from the gym and greggsi il keep it in mind if i need summat
K!ZZ@

7th Jan 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is some on the stuff i have dont while i havent been able to strip the back end of the car down because of the weather.

[Edited on 08-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]
K!ZZ@

7th Jan 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the talegate and rear brake assemble cumming this weekend.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]
K!ZZ@

8th Jan 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got home today at 1pm n thought i should just strip the rear and its not like the snow is goin to melt anytime soon so i set upon it at 2pm and it took me 2 hours, would of taken me less if it wasent like -3 deg. its sorded now though and hear are some updated pics on the progress of the car taken as and when.

sponcored by halfords!!

old suspension niot in bad nick all in all just well standard lol

Powerd by

[Edited on 08-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]
K!ZZ@

9th Jan 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i recived some of the stuff i bought today and is very happy with it it is cheap and also very helpfull with my project this is the front strut off s@m its realy good and i am realy happy with it

These are the switches and smooth door handles i got off Davidkent mint deal aswell

i dont yet have pics of the calipers i am goin to refu8rbish them like the supsension will hav pics once done though

[Edited on 09-01-2010 by K!ZZ@]
sharpy28

10th Jan 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis coming on nicely kieran as ive said before keep it up and in no time it will be exactly what you want and a very sweet motor!
K!ZZ@

11th Jan 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy im hoping to have it running for PVS
K!ZZ@

12th Jan 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all i done a bit ow work on the car today, woke up feeling like xxxx so i pulled a sicky not like me but i thought why not. i started feeling better around 12 ish so i thought id get a bit done. i first changes the talegate.

i have done a little bit of welding like for the window wiper to blank it off also was looking at welding a bit over the lights. i have seen it done before and i do like it but im not 100% sure now i see it on my car.

i also have picked up a saxo vtr spoiler to bond ontop of the original, i did 1 on my last car but never got the chance to fit it because i got rammed up the backside n got taken to hospital, needless to say the car was a riteoff
K!ZZ@

14th Jan 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick update. ive not been too well over the last few days so ive only got the spoilers molded together will upload pics once done. i need my mate stu to bring the rear disks up from where he lives cant put it back on its wheels with out them also goin to semi smooth the boot tomoro properly and hopefull get it all in primer if the weather hold off that is lol will upload more pics then.
K!ZZ@

16th Jan 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all sorry its been a few days since my last post but ive been a little ill since last sunday but well the show muct go on i have semmi smoothed the boot and welded plate over the lights too badboy it, wasnt 100% sure at first but i do like it. ihave taken a few pics of the progress i have made. also the guy with the brakes has let me down again so i can no longer proceed with the disc conversion yet, im gutted but its not the end of the world

Redtoplad1
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

16th Jan 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dya fancy doin me one off these badboy boots ?? aand quick question what r u doing with ur old silver boot ??thnks n its cumin on well
K!ZZ@

16th Jan 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy, i dont realy like working on other peoples cars because if anything goes rong well u no the rest lol and i had to swap my ond 1 with this 1 because he needed a boot to pretect the interior for the car he was breaking and i needed a boot that mounted a spoiler because realy i didnt want to mount my own .
Redtoplad1

16th Jan 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awwwww lol il give you the boot to do it hhaha
K!ZZ@

16th Jan 10 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm il have to think about it and get back to you on that 1
Jabba

16th Jan 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shurely that badboy boot will be illegal beacuse its covering the brake lights
Redtoplad1

17th Jan 10 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K!ZZ@
hmm il have to think about it and get back to you on that 1

ok mat great lol it wudnt have be painted or owt neway lol u2u me buddy

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa 1.6 16v project 24 database queries in 0.1971500 seconds