corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Washer/Dryers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washer/Dryers
Cavey

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following on from Colin asking about Dishwashers, I may as well ask about Washer/Dryers.

In our new place we've only got 1 space for a unit, so i'm gonna be stuck doing the dishes for now, but we need a washer/dryer.

Ideally cheap as poss, but not shit. We've got a Bosch fridge/freezer in there which is nice, but Bosch W/D are £500+ so they're out the window.

Currently looking at http://markselectrical.co.uk/IWE7145S.html anyone got any other recommendations?
Matty SRi

30th Dec 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argos currently have alot of sales on washer/dryers i believe.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14418690/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|14418476/c_2/2|14418476|Washing+machines+and+tumble+dryers|14418685/c_3/3|cat_14418685|Washer+dryers|14418690.htm

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by Matty SRi]
saj_123

30th Dec 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argos are unless, brought a machine from them before Christmas and it didnt work. Phoned them and they said they would not give refunds on machine and couldnt be fixed until 3rd Jan.

Had an argument with them and they gave a refund and went to Curry's and walked out of the door with one, which has had no problems.
Matty SRi

30th Dec 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i was going to get a washing machine from argos about 2 months ago, only downfall was you had to wait for delivery. so went to comet and walked straight out with 1 aswell... and on the plus side i managed to get a bit knocked off the price aswell for paying cash
Cavey

30th Dec 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a look at the Argos stuff, it's one of those shit sales where they take money off already ludicrously high prices, like the BnQ selection of W/D. Oh well...

Got a month and a half yet anyway, might see if they can sort us space for 2 seperates which i'd prefer anyway
Pop

30th Dec 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We bought all our appliances recently from www.dixons.co.uk , they are part of the same group as Currys but cheaper.

Great service from them. Ordered 4 appliances on a Thursday night about 2 weeks before Christmas, thye all got delivered on the Sunday a few days later.
Cavey

30th Dec 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have had a look around the usuals, but Marks electrical were/are a hell of a lot cheaper, so at the moment it's looking like we'll use them
dannymccann

30th Dec 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently Washer/Dryer combo's are shit at both aspects of what they are made to do. I would say get a decent washer (or a cheap one like mine [£160 Beko] thats still going strong 2 years on)

Youve got a nice size garden and enough spare rooms to dry in the winter, we manage like that
Cavey

30th Dec 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have done the whole clothes everywhere thing for a while now, and wanted something easier, also tumble dryed clothes are awesome!

So new idea, as everyone dislikes the combos, is either, get the washing machine, and make room in the kitchen by removing a cupboard, there's tons of storage anyway, or put a condenser dryer in the cupboard under the stairs.

Makes sense I guess, as if one bit of a washer/dryer fucks up we'd have to replace the whole thing.
Matty SRi

31st Dec 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have a washing machine and seperate dryer... got it free from a family friend when we moved into our new house... its one of those small 1's suits us perfect as theres only 2 of us, and the baby's clothes get dryed on the radiators

edit: 1 very similar to this. half the size and therefore takes up less room. does the job perfectly for what we need doing.

http://www.tradingpost-appliances.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=855&referrer=googlebase

and this is the washing machine we bought. when i asked wat the best cash price was he said £220, so payed that.

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/451932/HAIER-HW-C1470TVE-U

[Edited on 31-12-2009 by Matty SRi]
Cavey

31st Dec 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matty, didn't think about the possibility of a little dryer, would make sense I guess, think we'll just get the washing machine for now, and i'll see how viable it is to either remove a unit, or use the cupboard.

Cheers for the responses
Jake

2nd Jan 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dryers cain the electric bill aswell
Kathryn W

2nd Jan 10 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a washer/dryer and tbh i have only ever used the dryer once.. Had it on for over an hour and the clothes where still wet.

I dont think they're nearly as good as free standing dryers and dont think they're worth the money whatsoever!

I just chuck the clothes on the radiators while the heatings on - much cheaper and simpler.

Although i'd love a dryer - the one my parents have is fantastic I just wouldnt recommend the combined ones!
M2RTY

3rd Jan 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a washer with 1600 spin and they will come out a lot dryer and cheaper then a 1200 spin washer/dryer with an hour drying time lol

New Poll