corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » laptops fecked, how do I wipe everything and start over?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author laptops fecked, how do I wipe everything and start over?
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Dec 09 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically my laptops got so much virus and spyware crap on it it doesnt work properly anymore.
I dont really need any of the files that are on there is there a way I can completly remove everything to get rid of all the faults and start over?

Cheers Gavin

Windows XP if that makes any difference

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f10 on start up or insert the disc

or system restore from your control panel
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I go system restore is it like a step by step thing to follow. Also dont need anything other then the operating system disc that it came with do I before I do it

_Allan_

19th Dec 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope it step by step. If it's recovery software you have then it should contain all the drivers to get you back to a factory state. If it's just an OS disc then you may have to download and install drivers once up and running. Make sure you get windows firewall up or Zone Alarm on before you connect on the net for the first time even for windows updates.
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont thinK I can do it anyway the OS disc seems to have gone walk abouts, fuck knows where it is as the laptop is about 5 years old

_Allan_

19th Dec 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get an XP Pro copy off torrents etc...If you have a sticker on your laptop of your License key you can use it. You will then need to resource various drivers for your graphics/sound etc.. Although you can sometimes download these from the manufacturers website.
Ian W

20th Dec 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might not need the disc, my old Vaio has the default preloaded install on the hard drive.

Just F10 / F2 it and see what happens
gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might give it a go as I have nothing to loose

Yer the product key is on a sticker on it

New Poll