corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New GT5 Demo 17th December 2009!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New GT5 Demo 17th December 2009!
Mattb

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
im not impressed tbh

ditto - thought the car looked ace, but the same issue with prologue - the background and tracks are lifeless and dull and in some places are far to clinical - looks pants imo
Jamie-C

20th Dec 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was dissapointed as well but I don't think they were trying to impress us. The only reason for the demo was for the GT academy thing.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to me the graphics look just like prologue, i cant really say they look better or worse, the car models do look good, although im not sure if they ae better than prologue or not.

the sound is improved over prologue, the physics also.

how someone can call the physics arcadey tho totally bemuses me.

Jamie-C

20th Dec 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not tried it with a wheel but with a pad it reminds of NFS shift, only a bit better.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you made sure everything is on professional and active steering is off etc?

anyone who says its arcadey musnt be setting it up correctly, i know i use a wheel but its a damn site more realistic in feel and handling..

through the wheel i can feel the cars have different weights (weight transfer) i can feel the ammount of grip through the tyres..

i think you need to invest in a wheel.. and i might know of a g25 for sale cheap aswell.
Jamie-C

20th Dec 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its definitely on professional, not sure on the active steering. Its more so the un-tuned one that I find hard to drive but I think its down to the fact I can't turn of traction control. The tuned version handles pretty well though.

Whos selling a wheel and how muchos? Might be interested price depending
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive u2u'd you dude

ps. the traction control cant be turned off using a pad apparently, but on the wheel it says its on (at 7) but it aint.. the wheels spin for fun everywhere.. they deffinatly had using a wheel in mind when they released this demo.
Nic Barnes

20th Dec 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
im not impressed tbh

same, i think its garbage.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough

WATSON

21st Dec 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm out march 10, will that be changed AGAIN
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Hmmm out march 10, will that be changed AGAIN

its never changed once so far..
Butler

21st Dec 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 700th or somewhere around that, only had a couple of goes with the controller though. Cant really be bothered cos I know some geeky chumps will win then turn up on the day and turn out to be rubbish drivers.
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't think a 1 lap time trail is a fair judgment of someones driving capabilities, as its easy (relatively) to exploit the games flaws (shifting down too quick etc as it would blow something up IRL) and make a quick lap..

it would be better really to do 5 consecutive laps and then add the 10 laps together, at least that shows both quickness and consistent driving skills

i'm never that fast at time trails, i do ok but i normally do quite well in a 10 - 20 lap race where consistency is important.

[Edited on 21-12-2009 by chris_uk]
Liam

23rd Dec 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap G25? Where?
Ojc

23rd Dec 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a patch on Forza 3.
Liam

23rd Dec 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, I played it last night, and found it not half as entertaining.
John

23rd Dec 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you all have GT5 or are you basing a whole game on 1 track and car?
Adam_B

23rd Dec 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Im 700th or somewhere around that, only had a couple of goes with the controller though. Cant really be bothered cos I know some geeky chumps will win then turn up on the day and turn out to be rubbish drivers.

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i don't think a 1 lap time trail is a fair judgment of someones driving capabilities, as its easy (relatively) to exploit the games flaws (shifting down too quick etc as it would blow something up IRL) and make a quick lap..

it would be better really to do 5 consecutive laps and then add the 10 laps together, at least that shows both quickness and consistent driving skills

i'm never that fast at time trails, i do ok but i normally do quite well in a 10 - 20 lap race where consistency is important.

Its nothing to do with the game, its about constantly doing a task over and over and over again till you have perfected it, thats key to a good racing driver.

[Edited on 23-12-2009 by Adam_B]
Ojc

23rd Dec 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Do you all have GT5 or are you basing a whole game on 1 track and car?

I have the game on the Amiga, looks fantastic on the AmigaOS.
Ojc

23rd Dec 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b3/Amiga_Workbench_1_0.png
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 09 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Originally posted by Butler

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

Its nothing to do with the game, its about constantly doing a task over and over and over again till you have perfected it, thats key to a good racing driver.

im sorry adam but thats just shite,

if you fuck up half way round atm you can just restart and have another bash, there is no skill in that. The only skill to be found is exploiting the game to get a fast time, that is called cheating..
Adam_B

23rd Dec 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got nothing to do with skill, driving isnt a talent that some people have and some dont!
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 09 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you being sarcastic? i seriously don't have a clue what your on about
Adam_B

23rd Dec 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your comparing a game to real life, like if your fast on a game then your fast in real life. The game might be super realistic but it will still be miles away from actual driving, its a basic psychology test to find someone who is willing to do a mundane task over and over again to beat loads of other people. Its not completely irrelevant that its a racing game though as thats the target audience.

chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 09 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i played LFS, i raced a lot of the world record holders and i won 99% of them all, because they couldn't be consistent in an actual race. (go watch the STCC on youtube and look for jonny pickard)

they would turn in too hard for the corners killing their tires or down shift too fast, breaking the engine and therefore not allow themselves to finish the race, but because they were only interested in getting a top time it wouldn't matter to them that their engine broke or tires wore out because it only had to last 1 lap.

when people do time trials competitively (im basing this on every racing game i've played) they will start and if they fuck up on the first corner they wont carry on till the next lap they will just restart the track and try again.. 'to me' that doesn't show a good driver.

i'm not saying i'm an amazing god like driver, all i'm saying is that PD are looking for a good race car driver and i don't think that 1 lap time trail really shows what they are looking for.

but thats just my opinion

edit* a decent race driver cant just be fast, they have to think ahead, be consistent, know when to overtake and when to back off etc etc etc..

but again.. thats just my opinion.

[Edited on 23-12-2009 by chris_uk]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll