corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Media Center Users

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Media Center Users
ed

User status: Offline
14th Dec 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you arrange your video files? iTunes arranges my music into a nice folder arrangement and XBMC will connect to iTunes on my PC to stream music for me which is fine. However my video files are in a group of folders, but I've noticed that on XBMC you can somehow have a DVD cover view which holds all the info about the movie. Can iTunes sort all that out for me too, or would I have to add all the info manually?
Dom

14th Dec 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my movies are in their own directories (under the main movie/film directory) and that's the prefered way of doing it for XBMC (and WMC etc). Again, TV Shows should be done in a similar way with each show having it's own directory and then each season having it's own directory under that.

It's also worth using meta<browser/> application, as it'll automatically get metadata and covers (HD & SD sizes) for your films/tv shows (as long as you have the above directory structure) - XBMC (& WMC) will use this if it's available.
ed

14th Dec 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good call on meta<browser/>, cheers
Mike GSi

14th Dec 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Media Center but havent ever used it is it any good?
ed

14th Dec 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Media Centre do you have?
Aaron

14th Dec 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, my media centre is just a standard install of Windows XP...and because i'm a uber nerd...i access my films/tv shows/music from a network drive on my server
noshua

14th Dec 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaron - you might want to take a look at XBMC - if you like your media looking nice

ed; take a look at the XBMC forum, there are various tools that will organise your media for you, as well as a getting the required data to make it look nice (XBMC specific tools).

edit; http://xbmc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116

I think last time I ran the library I use xbmcNFO, I think I used another tool to organise my films and tv series into correct folders as well, I just can't remember the name.

[Edited on 14-12-2009 by noshua]

New Poll