corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Blackberry Bold 9000, T-Mobile, Internet & Apps...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blackberry Bold 9000, T-Mobile, Internet & Apps...
Rich H

User status: Offline
9th Dec 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an unlocked BB Bold off a mate, using it with my T Mobile sim I've had for a while now on various packages, and just changed it to Solo so I get unlimited internet.

I can install Google apps fine, and browse the web, but I can't get Logic Mail app to work or Facebook v1.7; the 2 other apps I want on there.

Facebook says "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support"

And Logic Mail says "could not connect to server" instantly.

I got the APN settings off T-Mobile's site for the iPhone as thats the only settings I could find on their site, and the ones I found via Google didn't work.

APN: general.t-mobile.uk
Username: user
Password: pass

Anybody else in the same boat as me? I'm pretty sure 3G doesn't work as quickly as it should either, so guessing something's not quite right. Google did also seem to throw up a lot of people having issues with the Facebook App, so could be that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich

P.S - No smart arse comments about moving to another network etc etc, I don't intend to!
Simon_16v

9th Dec 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i know Blackberrys use a different internet service as on my contract i had unlimited internet but when i got my unbranded Bold it just wouldnt work and now pay £5 extra for unlimited Blackberry internet
Rich H

9th Dec 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I've not paid for the BB Booster because as far as I read it, that only enables push email which I don't want / use.

A mate on 02 has a very similar sim contract with another unlocked Blackberry and it all works fine for him with his 02 APN settings
Simon_16v

9th Dec 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see my bro had a Curve on o2 with blackberry net and he bought a 3gs iPhone simfree and the internet wouldnt work on it
Rich H

10th Dec 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm. Tried it again in a 3G zone last night and it was a lot quicker, so that side of things IS fine after all.

Just need to see if anybody else has got the same issue with the FB or Logic Mail apps on T Mobile...
bubble

10th Dec 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need bis on there. facebook on bb's is a push service.
Rich H

10th Dec 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that'd explain it then!

Cheers

New Poll