corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Quarter Panel - 3dr

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Quarter Panel - 3dr
Root

User status: Offline
8th Dec 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, first thing's first, can these be replaced at all?
both sides of mine are dented badly.

If so, do they have to be angle grinded out then wielded in? thanks.
And has anyone had this done by a bodyshop before? how much did it cost? cheers

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by Root]
Richardhhha

8th Dec 09 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can be replaced yes..
if they just have dents and not creased then call out a dent removal company they normaly charge arround £35 a panel and they will just massage the dents out
grez12

8th Dec 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for that money he will want a massage aswell tight bugger lol
DaveyLC

8th Dec 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You be paying probably around £1000-1500 to have both rear quarters replaced and the car respray which would just be stupid.
Root

8th Dec 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You be paying probably around £1000-1500 to have both rear quarters replaced and the car respray which would just be stupid.

but that's for a full respray. I can get two rear quarers for just over £100, a bodyshop will fit and spray for hopefully under £300, then I can get my paint gone over for £300 instead of full respray

Anyway, one side had a dent in where somebody kicked it in, I cut my rear interior panel away (couldn't be arsed to remove it and didn't want to drive around like a cunt with a massive dent...also it's being replaced), put a screwdriver the other side of the dent and it popped out perfectly. Only problem is it's left a mark where the screwdriver has imprinted. And I doubt that shit can be pulled out
fazza

8th Dec 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy a new corsa without a dent

sounds like a fucking nail tbh

with ur self tapping screws holding the arches on aswell

sounds ripe for the old vauxhall tin worm
Root

8th Dec 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, maybe.

i didn't put the self tapping screws in there btw. From previous owner because there's no way I did that.

Still think I'm gonna keep it and repair it though, it's my first car and also there are things I can't swap over to new car.

It's all good though, panels can be repaired, dents pulled out, fillered, them screws can be chopped off using something...angle grinder if needed. Then can get it painted up proper and use proper connections for arches

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by Root]
fazza

8th Dec 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy my shell

will cost u less in long run and in a lot better nick
Root

8th Dec 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
buy my shell

will cost u less in long run and in a lot better nick

i dont have that money plus then i'd have to put an engine in it, rebuild it as i dont want a stripped out one. Then once that's done, get it taxed and insured (putting down a big fat deposit again and losing my ncb which i been saving up for 8 months now (0 years ncb).

except that, if i had the cash, i would buy it right away...i usually hate white cars, so filthy, but yours looks so clean with that fresh paint.

trade? lol
DaveyLC

8th Dec 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:

but that's for a full respray. I can get two rear quarers for just over £100, a bodyshop will fit and spray for hopefully under £300, then I can get my paint gone over for £300 instead of full respray

Anyway, one side had a dent in where somebody kicked it in, I cut my rear interior panel away (couldn't be arsed to remove it and didn't want to drive around like a cunt with a massive dent...also it's being replaced), put a screwdriver the other side of the dent and it popped out perfectly. Only problem is it's left a mark where the screwdriver has imprinted. And I doubt that shit can be pulled out

Really you would need a full respray to get a good match.. Most of the labour is in removing the old panels.
Root

8th Dec 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:

Really you would need a full respray to get a good match.. Most of the labour is in removing the old panels.

Well getting the paint blown over will blend it in wont it?
DaveyLC

8th Dec 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ever way you look at it, its cheaper to buy another car, probably cheaper to buy two super clean corsas.. You would be some kind of idiot to spend the money on having the rear quarters replaced.
Root

8th Dec 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What ever way you look at it, its cheaper to buy another car, probably cheaper to buy two super clean corsas.. You would be some kind of idiot to spend the money on having the rear quarters replaced.

it's my first car i've thought about selling it a few times but never had the heart to.
DaveyLC

9th Dec 09 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just a lump of metal mate.
tomo2k9

9th Dec 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same thing mate my rear quarter panal was dented bad i had a chap quote me 700 quid, i thought fuck that and i had a go of it myself and i done a crakcing job of it and i even got the same bloke to come and quote it and he said he will finish it off and spray the whole side for 275 so i just knokced a shit load off the price ill get some pics for ya mate
tomo2k9

10th Dec 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll